ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Residency Card Requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

m1l4n
Newly Registered

Permanent Residency Card Requirement

Post by m1l4n » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:55 pm

Hi All,

Can someone advise me please? I want to apply for British Citizenship and am a EU National.

I meet all requirements but I am confused about the permanent residency card. I have a permanent residency card issued in 2006, the blue one like in the link below, not the new one.

Is this sufficient or do I need to obtain the new permanent residency card before applying? I am getting conflicting answers so would like to know for sure.

Thanks so much!

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Permanent Residency Card Requirement

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:06 pm

This appears to be a Residence Certificate, not permanent residence. Have you been exercising your Treaty rights in the UK during 5 years of residence by working, or if studying or through self-sufficiency have you held Comprehensive Sickness Insurance (CSI) throughout the qualifying period?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:14 pm

That is actually how the document certifying permanent residence is issued now. There's a vignette on the other side, it should say on it Type of Document: Document Certifying Permanent Residence

m1l4n
Newly Registered

Post by m1l4n » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:34 pm

Thanks for the comments.

I came when I was a minor, so went to high school, sixth form and uni. Then I started working and still working. I've been working since 2007 so I believe I have been exercising my duty.

On my passport there was a stamp from the HO that said "There is at present no time limit on the holder's stay in the united kingdom", I am not sure if that makes a difference.

So I presume I will need to apply for this new permanent residency card before make the citizenship application?

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:33 pm

m1l4n wrote:Thanks for the comments.

I came when I was a minor, so went to high school, sixth form and uni. Then I started working and still working. I've been working since 2007 so I believe I have been exercising my duty.

On my passport there was a stamp from the HO that said "There is at present no time limit on the holder's stay in the united kingdom", I am not sure if that makes a difference.

So I presume I will need to apply for this new permanent residency card before make the citizenship application?
Sounds like your passport has been stamped with ILR. Can you post a photo (with information redacted)?

m1l4n
Newly Registered

Post by m1l4n » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:20 pm

ohara wrote:
m1l4n wrote:Thanks for the comments.

Sounds like your passport has been stamped with ILR. Can you post a photo (with information redacted)?

Hi Ohara,

I have the below stamp with the date stamp. (However this was on my old passport. I recently got a new passport and I haven't transferred the stamp over.)

Thanks!

m1l4n
Newly Registered

Post by m1l4n » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:47 am

Hi,

Can someone confirm whether if that stamp means ILR?
In which case I can ask for it to be transferred to my new passport and apply for citizenship?

Thanks!

Saladin0011
Mood:
Czech Republic

Post by Saladin0011 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:41 am

Are you from A8 country? If yes, then you have PR automatically after 5 years but if you want apply for Citizenship then you have to apply for PR card anyway. Just send them all paperwork since you are here and then you can apply for citizenship as soon as you receive that card.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:42 pm

m1l4n wrote:Hi,

Can someone confirm whether if that stamp means ILR?
In which case I can ask for it to be transferred to my new passport and apply for citizenship?

Thanks!
I'm confused. In your first post you said
have a permanent residency card issued in 2006, the blue one like in the link below, not the new one. Is this sufficient or do I need to obtain the new permanent residency card before applying?
The image you then posted IS what appears to be a current document certifying permanent residence.

Then you post an image of what appears to be an ILR passport stamp of the type which used to be given back in the early 2000's!

What do you actually have?