ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 apps- resigned from work

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fvfii
Newly Registered

EEA2 apps- resigned from work

Post by fvfii » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:26 am

Hello everyone,

I met my fiancé at work (in 2013), at that time i was sponsored by my company (on tier 2 visa). We moved together in 2014 January and we were engaged in 2015 May. At the end of April 2016, I wanted to switch from tier 2 to the EEA RC. So we sent through the application at the end of April, got the biometric request and COA at the end of May. However, in early June, I resigned from work. My last day of work was 1July, and my tier 2 visa is still valid for another 2 months (until end of August, beginning of Sept). So I have the below questions:

1) Do I need to inform the UKHO for the change?
2) Due to some emergencies, I would need to travel immediately and therefore would need to request the passport back. i) Is it OK if I come back before the Tier 2 60 days period expires? ii) I currently hold a passport that can stay in UK as a visitor for 90 days. Can I stay for another 90 days after the 60 day period (by that time, it should be 6month since we sent the application.. so hopefully we will have the RC?

Thank you very much!!

fvf

vinny

Re: EEA2 apps- resigned from work

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:45 am

If you have resigned from your Tier 2 job, then you cannot enter the UK on your Tier 2 leave.

Carry proof of your relationship to the EEA national.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rebreaker
Newly Registered

Post by rebreaker » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:50 am

I had applied to EEA2 and nearly expecting my decision. All rules and people says that aplicants must inform HO for any changes you declare at strart if something happened while waiting. It is one of the point to also changes for work you or spouse.

fvfii
Newly Registered

Post by fvfii » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:08 am

vinny wrote:If you have resigned from your Tier 2 job, then you cannot enter the UK on your Tier 2 leave.

Carry proof of your relationship to the EEA national.
but I was informed by my HR manager that the Tier 2 visa is valid 60 days after my resignation, during this time I can still travel? but what about if I return to UK after travel with only my passport, since i don't need a visa but I can stay for 90 days?

the proof of relationship, does it mean COA? I don't really get it..

fvfii
Newly Registered

Post by fvfii » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:09 am

rebreaker wrote:I had applied to EEA2 and nearly expecting my decision. All rules and people says that aplicants must inform HO for any changes you declare at strart if something happened while waiting. It is one of the point to also changes for work you or spouse.
Thank you, it's only my status changed. but on the application form, they didn't ask anything about my employment.. where can I update the info??