ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship ceremony on hold due marriage investigation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

newsoul
Newly Registered

Citizenship ceremony on hold due marriage investigation

Post by newsoul » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:35 pm

Dear all,

Thanks for the support you have been giving me in this forum, i am blessed to be help by such a wonderful community.

I applied for a British citizenship back in August 2015 and it was approved in December later on i received a letter saying it was prematurely approved, i have been waiting for an explanation and i exhausted all option, till i made a request for a copy of my immigration history under the freedom of information act.

I found out that my marriage with my ex is under investigation and a consideration for revocation of my ILR since January as the home office received an allegation letter.

Me and my ex were separated due to a family dispute with her parents and her dad become really aggressive towards me demanding money for the divorce if i want a peaceful marriage, my wife she was the one asking for a divorce which i refused and later on we decided to move on.

I felt very sad that my marriage is being questioned and investigated because i have been in relationship with my wife for 9 years and 7 years of marriage.

I have been in the UK since June 2012 living together till the day we decided to separated, we both contributed to the rent and everything else.

When i contacted my wife a week ago, she said that she has no idea that the home office received a letter, which i find hard to believe as i suspect that her dad might have sent this especially back in December he told me that i only got married to his daughter for a British citizenship and he wasn't aware of the marriage, which i found very disturbing.

I quickly printed and sent to the home office some conversations (gmail, skype, whatsapp) that i had with my wife before and after the separation and while we were dealing with the separation, conversations with her dad regarding the divorce, both of our bank statements with the same address for the last 4 years which shows that we were both contributing to the rent 50%/50%, also the statements can show some money we transferred between us "small amount", couple of flight tickets when went on holiday together etc, and a link to a 1000 pictures we took since 2008.

The home office didn't make any decision since January but i felt i need to send all i have to support that my marriage was genuine, i really loved that women but unfortunately everything has turned bitter.

I really need your help and advise regarding my situation, if it was wise to send documents to the home office to prove that my marriage was genuine and if anyone in this forum had similar issue, and what should i do?

Thanks in advance Guys.
NS

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Citizenship ceremony on hold due marriage investigation

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:45 pm

Please continue in your original thread.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1369943
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.