ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can first British be applied in abroad after naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tiredoftiers

can first British be applied in abroad after naturalization

Post by tiredoftiers » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:15 pm

Question:

can a person who is handed into a certificate of naturalization following a ceremony apply for his first British passport being abroad? such a person would have sent off his BRP (ILR) to home office within 5 days of the ceremony, traveled out in emergency using his homeland passport and carried his certificate of naturalization with him!!

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: can first British be applied in abroad after naturalizat

Post by ohara » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:26 pm

There's no reason why you can't apply from abroad, but bear in mind it may take significantly longer than doing it in the UK. For example in India, it can take 6 months or more.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:41 pm

Also attempting to return on a citizenship certificate is likely to result in a refusal to board by the airline.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

tiredoftiers

Post by tiredoftiers » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:36 pm

thanking you for your answers

having said that gaining passport abroad can take a considerable long time and travelling on certificate of naturalization may not be allowed by the airlines operators are there other options available enabling him to travel back to UK?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:22 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.