ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

terribly confused about salary band issue

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jimpo
Newly Registered

terribly confused about salary band issue

Post by jimpo » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:44 pm

Hi

I live in India but work with an American registered company as offshore web developer. They do not have any branch in India here. I have setup my lab in India and work using internet with them. However, they deal me as permanent employee, i work in proper office timings and get all benifits etc. They pay me my monthly salary through A Bank, which has a branch in USA as well as in India. So they transfer my salary directly to my account.

My salary is higher than the India Salary Band. But it is below the USA salary band of course. As you all know this is why people in USA hire offshore from India and other low labor cost countries.

So I wanted to ask that WILL I BE CHECKED AGAINST INDIA SALARY BAND OR USA SALARY BAND?

Please please reply soon, thank you very much in advance.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: terribly confused about salary band issue

Post by pantaiema » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:50 pm

Since you are living and working in India you will be assessed against Indian Salary Band.

You need all necessary evedence mentioned on the guidelines to prove that U r working in this companies.

jimpo wrote:Hi

I live in India but work with an American registered company as offshore web developer. They do not have any branch in India here. I have setup my lab in India and work using internet with them. However, they deal me as permanent employee, i work in proper office timings and get all benifits etc. They pay me my monthly salary through A Bank, which has a branch in USA as well as in India. So they transfer my salary directly to my account.

My salary is higher than the India Salary Band. But it is below the USA salary band of course. As you all know this is why people in USA hire offshore from India and other low labor cost countries.

So I wanted to ask that WILL I BE CHECKED AGAINST INDIA SALARY BAND OR USA SALARY BAND?

Pantaiema

hari15
Member of Standing

Re: terribly confused about salary band issue

Post by hari15 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:10 am

jimpo wrote:Hi

the country your tax been paid matters here

Naturally you should pay tax to India as you are living in India

If you are paying tax to both US and India then also you can apply on Indian salary band

But in any case if you are not paying any Tax to India, but only to US then you cant apply in Indian band.

jimpo
Newly Registered

Post by jimpo » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:26 pm

I am paying tax in India and do not pay any tax in USA. Again to confirm my situation,

I live in India; An American registered company has hired me as full time employee, offshore, and I have been working with them. Since I am web application expert so I work online through internet and I do not need to be present in their USA office physically. They pay me salary through a Bank, which has branches in USA as well as India so they use that bank to pay me. My bank statement clearly shows that amount appearing in my account.

My company do not have any physical existence in India. So according to you I will be checked against Indian Income Band and not US income band?

Just wanted to re-confirm to avoid any big blunder which could lead to my rejection.

Also what kind of evidences will I need from my company? Will I need their TAX information etc as they pay tax in USA and have proper tax system.

I have talked to my Management in USA and they are very happy to provide me with all required documents including Electronic Salary Slips for last 12 months which will be signed and stamped by the company. They will scan and send to me and I will take their print outs here.

Thank you very much.

kapoor@yahoo.com

Post by kapoor@yahoo.com » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:36 pm

You would require:
1. The Attested Salary Slips - get these via post (not scanned and printed one).
2. Indian Tax Documents
3. Just as additional docs, get your 12 months Indian Bank Statements where these Salary deposits are getting transferred - This is quite easy to obtain, so no harm in including with ur application.

jimpo
Newly Registered

Post by jimpo » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:48 pm

Besides salary slips do I need a salary certificate and employer tax , USA based, certificate? or I do not need employer tax return certificate whatever they pay in USA according to their tax system?

thank you

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:39 pm

jimpo

The information that I have provided you is based on the assumption that you are paying tax in India.

So your Income tax return that you have got is from Indian tax authority. need to be submited together with your Pay SLip and Bank account and probable the statement from the comapy you are working for them and mentioning your pay/salary.

Just to remind you that in your case, your tax documents is paramount, as this is the only reliable evidence that you could use that the money that you have got in your bank account is coming from the company you are working for and not transfer from friends, relatives, or from self tranfer from yourselve. In order your case to stand up you need to prove this. Put yourselves on casewarker shoes, if you do not provide tax document how do ypu differentiate your case with the previous possibility that I have mentioned.

They need physical address of your company, because otherwiuse how could they verify it. Also jut to remind you, the fax that you are paying the tax in India is matter, not your company.

Good Luck with your application
Pantaiema

jimpo wrote:I am paying tax in India and do not pay any tax in USA. Again to confirm my situation,

I live in India; An American registered company has hired me as full time employee, offshore, and I have been working with them. Since I am web application expert so I work online through internet and I do not need to be present in their USA office physically. They pay me salary through a Bank, which has branches in USA as well as India so they use that bank to pay me. My bank statement clearly shows that amount appearing in my account.

My company do not have any physical existence in India. So according to you I will be checked against Indian Income Band and not US income band?

Just wanted to re-confirm to avoid any big blunder which could lead to my rejection.

Also what kind of evidences will I need from my company? Will I need their TAX information etc as they pay tax in USA and have proper tax system.

I have talked to my Management in USA and they are very happy to provide me with all required documents including Electronic Salary Slips for last 12 months which will be signed and stamped by the company. They will scan and send to me and I will take their print outs here.

Thank you very much.
Pantaiema