ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What's first visa or BRP ?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saturn 123789

What's first visa or BRP ?

Post by saturn 123789 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:23 pm

Hi all
I’m currently waiting for my visa issuing I had sent my passport and TB test but lately I received a letter to submit my passport photographs to re-enroll my biometric because they weren’t captured successfully, I would like to know if that enrolment will delay further my visa because I know that after sending my photos I have to be in the Uk to do the biometric enrollment to produce my BRP right?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: What's first visa or BRP ?

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:14 pm

You will have 30 days to enter the UK, that is the validity of the visa vignette. Once you are here, you don't "re-enroll biometrics". You only have to pick up your BRP within 10 days of arriving.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

saturn 123789

Post by saturn 123789 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:29 pm

CR001 wrote:You will have 30 days to enter the UK, that is the validity of the visa vignette. Once you are here, you don't "re-enroll biometrics". You only have to pick up your BRP within 10 days of arriving.
No they said in the email i have to re-enroll my biometric after receiving an enrollment letter from them , that why I’m asking if there is will be a problem in issuing my visa

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:29 pm

You enroll biometrics in the country you are applying in. Once you get to the UK, you only collect your BRP card. You will only have to enroll your biometrics again in a couple of years when you make another application to extend your visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

saturn 123789

Post by saturn 123789 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:58 am

Thank you CR001
So the visa will not be issued until I do this enrolment right? The problem is that the visa centre haven’t contacted me, the email was from the BRP team of home office

saturn 123789

Post by saturn 123789 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:30 am

you were wrong CR00 , the enrollement of my biometrics will take place at the post office in the UK i just got the letter saying this, now i still haven't got my visa i dont know how can i do it

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:10 am

I suspect that the letter writer somehow assumed that you are already in the UK.

Can you not submit your photos and redo your biometrics at the visa application centre?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

saturn 123789

Post by saturn 123789 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:10 pm

vinny wrote:I suspect that the letter writer somehow assumed that you are already in the UK.

Can you not submit your photos and redo your biometrics at the visa application centre?
thank you for your reply
in the VAC's email they said that they wont ask me to redo my biometric and that the visa will be printed in my home country , the email i received about redoing my biemtric was from BRP team of home office and i already told them i'am still waiting for my visa

saturn 123789

Post by saturn 123789 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:17 pm

here what they said
(Your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) has not been produced due to your Biometrics were not captured successfully. As previously advised your will need to re-enrol your biometrics to enable a BRP to be produced. Your BRP will supersede your Entry Clearance visa and will need to be used to show your right to reside in the United Kingdom)

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:41 pm

saturn 123789 wrote:Your BRP will supersede your Entry Clearance visa and will need to be used to show your right to reside in the United Kingdom)
This assumes that you have been granted entry clearance.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

saturn 123789

Post by saturn 123789 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:58 pm

vinny wrote:
saturn 123789 wrote:Your BRP will supersede your Entry Clearance visa and will need to be used to show your right to reside in the United Kingdom)
This assumes that you have been granted entry clearance.
of course i have been granted entry clearance i'am just waiting for my visa to be printed

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:13 pm

Then, what is the problem?

The answer to your question: "What's first visa or BRP?" is visa. But you already know this.

saturn 123789

Post by saturn 123789 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:31 pm

vinny wrote:Then, what is the problem?

The answer to your question: "What's first visa or BRP?" is visa. But you already know this.
the problem is they called me to submit my info for BRP before issuing my visa , this is so stupid and makes me ask stupid questions

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:05 pm

They appear to be writing as if your visa had been issued and you are already in the UK.