ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home office replied hmrc tax records do not match

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

IndianbyHeart
Newly Registered

Home office replied hmrc tax records do not match

Post by IndianbyHeart » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:49 pm

Hello all,

Firstly, thanks for the amazing forum. Really helpful.I have been silent visitor of the posts.

I applied for ILR in Tier-1 general route recently. Thought mine is a straightforward one with no risk.But
Home office asked to submit proofs for tax submission for 2 years(which I had done late self assessment).

I had submitted sa302s for all the previous years but then the case worker said for 2 years(for which SA was filed late),the hmrc record of mine they have does not match with the sa302s I had submitted.

Tax overview and sa302s ,I received from HMRC, says the same amount as in the tax submission proofs I have.Only thing is I had filed SA late for these 2 years.

So Home office gave a letter which says they
1. need the proofs when I had filed self assessment return --- I have the online submission proofs with the timestamp.
2.they need the originals but not photocopies. -- As the accountant filed online, all I have is soft copy of the proofs :( I am planning to explain the same in a cover letter alone with proofs

Experienced guys can you give some pointers please

Thanks a million in advance

longhorn

Re: Home office replied hmrc tax records do not match

Post by longhorn » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:44 pm

Hi,

I think for others to help you with the query, you need to be a bit more specific and provide more details.

1) Did you send you application by post or submitted at PEO ?

2) Which years did you submit it late for ? is it for the same year you declared for you initial grant and extension of T1 general ?

3) How late were you ? did you just submit it before applying for ILR ?

4) Did you also submit tax overview for all 5 years or just Sa302 ?

5) Obviously if you submitted online, you will only have a soft copy anyway. Does the letter from HO clearly say what sort of proof of submission they are after ? could you omit any personal details and post the contents of the letter exactly what it asks you to submit ?

Thanks,

IndianbyHeart
Newly Registered

Post by IndianbyHeart » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:14 pm

Hi,

I think for others to help you with the query, you need to be a bit more specific and provide more details.

1) Did you send you application by post or submitted at PEO ? PEO

2) Which years did you submit it late for ? is it for the same year you declared for you initial grant and extension of T1 general ? 2012-2013, 2013-2014. I had extension in january 2013

3) How late were you ? did you just submit it before applying for ILR ? Filed both 2012-2013 and 2013-2014 in January 2015

4) Did you also submit tax overview for all 5 years or just Sa302 ? I was self employed for 4 years.I had submitted both for first 3 years and tax return submission proof for current year

5) Obviously if you submitted online, you will only have a soft copy anyway. Does the letter from HO clearly say what sort of proof of submission they are after ? could you omit any personal details and post the contents of the letter exactly what it asks you to submit ? Letter says: you provided SA302 from HMRC for tax years 2012/2013 to 2014/2015.Please also provide evidence such as receipts or acknowledgement letters to confirm when i declared all earnings for periods 2012/13 and 2013/14 to HMRC.

Thanks

teddy0409

Post by teddy0409 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:17 pm

Dear Indianbyheart,
Firstly, I like the name of your account,
Please refer to the below link as well,
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 12487.html

Provide the online tax submission printout with https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/self-assesment/ind/..................
at the bottom of the printout,
Ask your accountant to provide a letter confirming when it was submitted with the IR Mark and also with out fail state 'Why it was a late submission' with some form of proof,
In your cover letter to the case worker, explain the actual reason on your behalf as well 'Why it was a late submission' and summarise the reasons if you have more than one,
Also specify in the cover letter that you have attached a letter from your acting accountant confirming the same,
[This way it will reduce the chances of getting 322(5)- Person of not a good behaviour and character]
All the very best, Anan
If Not We, Then Who?

IndianbyHeart
Newly Registered

Post by IndianbyHeart » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:19 pm

Thanks much for advice teddy0409.
May I please know if have you heard of anyone with late filing issue succeeded after the submission of docs you suggest.

teddy0409

Post by teddy0409 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:39 pm

I have come across very few members talking in the forum about their success after clearing the tax issue, Mostly by submitting new application,

Having said that, This is fairly a new area for me and I have not come across many successive applicants in AR, JR. We may hear lot of overturned decisions in the following months as Home Office is trying to remove 322(5) if they find a valid reason to support,

I was informed by My Solicitor that there are 3 successful cases in the last two months out of 7,
(2 cases went to JR PAP and HO overturned their decision and 1 case was succeeded in the AR itself), other applicants were asked to submit fresh application due to their nature of outcome of the application,
Our Solicitor might have an update with 1 more case next week as it is nearing 28 days response time for AR,

I will keep you posted,
Kind Regards
If Not We, Then Who?

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:00 pm

teddy0409 wrote:I have come across very few members talking in the forum about their success after clearing the tax issue, Mostly by submitting new application,

Having said that, This is fairly a new area for me and I have not come across many successive applicants in AR, JR. We may hear lot of overturned decisions in the following months as Home Office is trying to remove 322(5) if they find a valid reason to support,

I was informed by My Solicitor that there are 3 successful cases in the last two months out of 7,
(2 cases went to JR PAP and HO overturned their decision and 1 case was succeeded in the AR itself), other applicants were asked to submit fresh application due to their nature of outcome of the application,
Our Solicitor might have an update with 1 more case next week as it is nearing 28 days response time for AR,

I will keep you posted,
Kind Regards
Just to let you know that I personally know a friend of mine whose application was rejected because of late filing and deception imposed. On AR, HO removed deception but maintained the decision. now he is going for JR.
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

Saad_Kashif
Newly Registered

Post by Saad_Kashif » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:00 pm

Dear IndianbyHeart,

Did you get any response on your case? what was the outcome?

Thanks