ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

got post-dated EC.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wanna_bee
Mood:
India

got post-dated EC.

Post by wanna_bee » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:44 am

Hi Friends,

First, I would like to thank you all for making this forum a great source of information. The info I found here has helped me a lot for HSMP + EC.

Recently I got my EC visa.

I applied for the EC from VFS , Bangalore , India on 5th Dec 2007. I received the visa on 2 Jan 2008. The visa is post-dated : it starts on 1-March-2008 and valid for 2 years.

I have no clue when the Integra verification took place.

Here are some of my experiences:-

The complete document list can be found from Paul's great website , but something’s specific to me for this EC application:-

I did not include any letter from my CA since I felt my finances were straightforward.

I took a "gift" (of INR 4,00,000/-) from my uncle to show sufficient funds in bank . The documents I produced for this were:-

One Notarized gift deed.
One letter from uncle to BHC stating info about the gift.
Photocopy of the cheque.
Uncle's bank statement showing debit of cheque amount.(highlighted)
My bank statement showing credit. (highlighted)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

In my EC cover letter , I requested them to give me a post-dated visa starting 1-March-2008. My hotel booking also started from 1st March. [finally I did get a post-dated visa starting 1st March !]

Hotel booking: I booked thru booking.com , one bad experience here : the hotel deducted one day stay's fee from my credit card coz I booked for 15 days and this is their "policy" for long reservations. I went thru their terms and conditions on booking.com and didnot find this "policy". so guys just be careful about long reservations!

When I applied for the EC , VFS asked me to get photocopies of *ALL* pages of my passport , including the BLANK pages. Also they asked for photocopy of my driving license even though I didn’t claim any points for age in my HSMP application. I don’t know why they need my DL photocopy . Anyway , I kept my documents with them and went out to get the photocopies. So remember , VFS , Bangalore has no photocopy facilities and there is no photocopy shop close by .

About Integra , I didn’t inform my employer about the same coz I work for a MNC here and the HR guy doesn’t know me that well. So I decided to take a risk . I thought if he got a call from Integra he would initially think it is a routine visa verification for a visa applied through company for business travel and cooperate with them. I think it worked somehow. But I have not found out yet if they really received the Integra call or not.

If anyone needs any info for EC application , I would be glad to help. Further wishing all future applicants Best of luck for your HSMP/EC applications.

Thank you again.

Regards,
wanna_bee.

reincarnation

Post by reincarnation » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:53 am

Congrats...I'll be applying for EC next week from Blore...Did u submit your previous exp/offer letters?

reincarnation

Post by reincarnation » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:09 am

BTW....can u please send me the link to the Paul's Website which u stated?

wanna_bee
Mood:
India

Post by wanna_bee » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:18 am

Paul's website is:-

http://ec-hsmp.blogspot.com/2007/11/ec- ... -hsmp.html

No , I didnot submit last employers exp letter or payslip since I'm with my current employer since 4 years. I just submitted current employers exp letter and latest sal increment letter.

Hope this helps.

ashbhai
Newly Registered

Post by ashbhai » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:01 am

Congrats wanna_bee :)
Can you please tell me which hotel you booked on booking.com and how much you paid for 15 days?
Thanks
Ash

vidya

Post by vidya » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:13 am

congrats wannabee :)

vishalsunr

Post by vishalsunr » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:22 am

Congrats Dude!!!!

me so tensed and waiting for the reply......

praying hard.....fingers crossed........................
Om Reem Shree PadamPrabhu Jinendrai Namah
-------------------------------------------------------
Applied On : 20th-dec
Applied From : Ahmedabad VFS
Integra Verification: 3rd & 4Th Dec
Case No.: 1161xxxx
Final Status : Waiting

nerellg
Newly Registered

Query on EC

Post by nerellg » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:06 am

Hi,

I Got an an HSMP approval in December 2007 and yet to file an application for EC, But my current employer is sending me to Belgium for 1 Year and I will be travelling to Belgium to in Fec 2008. Now my Question is will I able to file an EC in Belgium in Marcch 2008 with the HSMP aprroval letter which has been issued to my Indian Address?

Kindly tell me your views on this

Regards
nerellg

Raji_karmlaw

Yes u can apply from Belgium.

Post by Raji_karmlaw » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:42 am

Yes, u can apply from Belgium
Immigration law is mystery and a mastery in obfuscation, and the lawyers who can figure that out are worth their weight in gold.

richie_rohan

Post by richie_rohan » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:28 pm

Hi All,
Thanks to everyone in this forum who helped me a lot to make it a success.
I got the HSMP application approved after review yesterday.
I applied without a consultant.

Now going for the next step.
I got the below list of document from a thread. And I have few queries.

List of documents required:
-All initial approval docs
- latest bank statements
- latest 2 months payslips
- employment exp letters
- education certificates
- job offer(not mandator)
- acomodation -
- funds proof -
- ITR/P60
- VAF2 form & integra
- Atleast one set of photocopy of all above docs.

1) How many months bank statements.
2) Accomodation - Can I show my friends house in UK?
3) Funds proof - I have funds in UK + NRE/NRO account + Indian account. Can I show all 3?
4) VAF2 form & integra - Please can you provide me the link to download this documents.
5) Does anyone has covering letter for EC.

Regards,
Richie

wanna_bee
Mood:
India

Post by wanna_bee » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:06 pm

Ash: I was really not very serious about this booking coz i just wanted that document for the EC appli. So i went to booking.com and sorted by cheapest first. And in the first page i randomly selected one hotel "caswell", some GBP four hundred something for 15 days . i think it is GBP33 and GBP37 per day. i donot really intend to stay there and may cancel if i'm able to make alternate acco arrangments.

however , they deducted GBP40 from my credit card coz it was a 15-days booking and it is their "standard policy" for long bookings. so a loss for me :cry:

tanup
Newly Registered

Re: got post-dated EC.

Post by tanup » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:46 pm

Hi,

I have HSMP approved and planning to apply for EC in feb 1st week. I have few queries and I need your help in this regard.

1. I do not have money in my account more than 50k. am planning to apply for visa for both myself and my husband.

My cousin is ready to give me 5lacs from US. please let me know if this amount is enough and the docs required. and also please give me the sample notary affidavit and sample letter to BHC which my cousin need to address.

2. where are the details regarding how much funds are required to show as a proof?

3. if i show the above 5 lacs in the account, do i need to show other liquid and immovable assets also?

4. can u please let me know which hotel did u book? am planning to book one in london.

reg. filling vaf2 application
I am applying for my husband as dependent along with my EC application.

I do not have any job offer. for dependents these are the set of questions reg. their sponsor.

please let me know what should be filled in since as a sponsor I still dont have visa and Job offer.

6.3.15 What job or employment is your sponsor
doing in the UK or going to do in the UK?
6.3.16 Name of company where your sponsor is
working/will work?
6.3.17 Address of the company including postal code
6.3.18 Telephone number of the company including area code
6.3.19 When did/does your sponsor’s job begin?
6.3.20 When is this job expected to finish?

please spare some time to anwer these questions.

Thanks in advance,
Tanu

wanna_bee wrote:Hi Friends,

First, I would like to thank you all for making this forum a great source of information. The info I found here has helped me a lot for HSMP + EC.

Recently I got my EC visa.

I applied for the EC from VFS , Bangalore , India on 5th Dec 2007. I received the visa on 2 Jan 2008. The visa is post-dated : it starts on 1-March-2008 and valid for 2 years.

I have no clue when the Integra verification took place.

Here are some of my experiences:-

The complete document list can be found from Paul's great website , but something’s specific to me for this EC application:-

I did not include any letter from my CA since I felt my finances were straightforward.

I took a "gift" (of INR 4,00,000/-) from my uncle to show sufficient funds in bank . The documents I produced for this were:-

One Notarized gift deed.
One letter from uncle to BHC stating info about the gift.
Photocopy of the cheque.
Uncle's bank statement showing debit of cheque amount.(highlighted)
My bank statement showing credit. (highlighted)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

In my EC cover letter , I requested them to give me a post-dated visa starting 1-March-2008. My hotel booking also started from 1st March. [finally I did get a post-dated visa starting 1st March !]

Hotel booking: I booked thru booking.com , one bad experience here : the hotel deducted one day stay's fee from my credit card coz I booked for 15 days and this is their "policy" for long reservations. I went thru their terms and conditions on booking.com and didnot find this "policy". so guys just be careful about long reservations!

When I applied for the EC , VFS asked me to get photocopies of *ALL* pages of my passport , including the BLANK pages. Also they asked for photocopy of my driving license even though I didn’t claim any points for age in my HSMP application. I don’t know why they need my DL photocopy . Anyway , I kept my documents with them and went out to get the photocopies. So remember , VFS , Bangalore has no photocopy facilities and there is no photocopy shop close by .

About Integra , I didn’t inform my employer about the same coz I work for a MNC here and the HR guy doesn’t know me that well. So I decided to take a risk . I thought if he got a call from Integra he would initially think it is a routine visa verification for a visa applied through company for business travel and cooperate with them. I think it worked somehow. But I have not found out yet if they really received the Integra call or not.

If anyone needs any info for EC application , I would be glad to help. Further wishing all future applicants Best of luck for your HSMP/EC applications.

Thank you again.

Regards,
wanna_bee.

sabira
Newly Registered

Flying deadline after EC date

Post by sabira » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:24 pm

Hi dear:

I think you have a good experience with EC. I have got my EC dated 30th November 2007. I wanted to know if there is any deadline for travel like three or six months from the date of your EC. Could you throw some light on this?

Thank you.

tapraveen
Newly Registered

Post Dated Visa

Post by tapraveen » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:56 pm

Hello All,

Can we ask for a post dated Visa? If we apply for EC after five months from the date of HSMP Approval. How many days post dated Visa can we request for? Is it that the post date should be within the six months (HSMP Validity) or is it 3 months from the date of EC application?

Best regards,