ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Meeting Financial Requirement for ilr

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DavidT
Newly Registered

Meeting Financial Requirement for ilr

Post by DavidT » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:03 pm

My wife recently obtained her flr(m). We met the financial requirement of £18,600 by using my works pension of £17,500 together with cash savings which were readily available. In December this year I will be entitled to my State pension and wish to tie up my savings in an ISA or another form of investment.

When we apply for my wife's ilr will it be ok to combine my works pension with my state pension to meet the financial requirement ?

Also if i died shortly (god forbid) my wife (39 years old) would be entitled to 1/2 of my works pension. Would she be entitled to my old age pension or does it die with me ?

Many thanks
David

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Meeting Financial Requirement for ilr

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:10 pm

DavidT wrote:My wife recently obtained her flr(m). We met the financial requirement of £18,600 by using my works pension of £17,500 together with cash savings which were readily available. In December this year I will be entitled to my State pension and wish to tie up my savings in an ISA or another form of investment.

When we apply for my wife's ilr will it be ok to combine my works pension with my state pension to meet the financial requirement ? Yes if the combination meets the £18,600 minimum income level.

Also if i died shortly (god forbid) my wife (39 years old) would be entitled to 1/2 of my works pension. Would she be entitled to my old age pension or does it die with me ? See 'bereavement allowance (previously widow's pension) https://www.gov.uk/bereavement-allowance/overview

Many thanks
David
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Petaltop

Re: Meeting Financial Requirement for ilr

Post by Petaltop » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:27 pm

DavidT wrote: Would she be entitled to my old age pension or does it die with me ?
Your UK state pension will die with you.

Casa wrote: See 'bereavement allowance (previously widow's pension) https://www.gov.uk/bereavement-allowance/overview
And changing again to Bereavement Support Payment, for new claims from April 2017
http://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/Benefi ... April_2017