ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Passport Interview

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jimmyjimmyjimmy
Newly Registered

UK Passport Interview

Post by jimmyjimmyjimmy » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:59 pm

Hi all,

I've sent my UK passport application to IPS for a bout 40 days ( :(I know, so long)and now am asked to attend an interview. I'm a naturalised citizen and this is my first UK passport.

So I'm wondering what kind of questions they'd ask, anyone had this experience before?

Thanks in advance!

Jim

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:54 pm

They will ask questions to establish and confirm your identity.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:57 pm

If like me, you're not very good with people's ages and birtdates, you better learn those of your parents and your referee, as they may come up.

jimmyjimmyjimmy
Newly Registered

Post by jimmyjimmyjimmy » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:59 pm

I know, but if they asked something more than that i can remember, this may cause the application to be considered as unsuccessful.

Questions like, how many direct debits do you have in your bank? Or what is the DoB of your grandparents.

Well. i just am imagining...

anyone can shed some lights on this :?:

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:05 pm

jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:16 pm

Well from my experience,
1) they ask about details provided on the application forms, date of birth of your father, mother, there date of marriage, referee details, how you know him / her etc
2) Details from voter register, number of adults living in the property etc
3) Credit history details, number of credit cards, when where they issued etc

Again from my experience, if you are who you say you are then you don't need to worry about anything.

Best of luck

jimmyjimmyjimmy
Newly Registered

Post by jimmyjimmyjimmy » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:29 pm

Thanks Guys,

I'm learning by hearts about the bithdays, my parents', dad's parents' (who have both died ), mum's parents'. calculating how many credit cards that i have.. as this information is all on the form that i supplied.

This is getting on my nerves now, as much of these outsiders' info (apart from mine) is not familiar to me. does anybody ever know anybody else's marriage date?

Hate this interview so much!

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:11 am

Jimmy, assuming you are really you (if that makes sense) I don't think the interview will cause you any problems. The interview is designed to trip up people who are making applications under a false identity, that's all.

Let us know how you get on.

jimmyjimmyjimmy
Newly Registered

Post by jimmyjimmyjimmy » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:55 am

Just got back from the interview.

Most of the questions are based on the form that i sent, but they did ask me about how old is my referee, which is hard to answer, since she is a lady and I never asked her age at all.

Hope the result turns out to be successful.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:25 am

jimmyjimmyjimmy wrote:Just got back from the interview.

Most of the questions are based on the form that i sent, but they did ask me about how old is my referee, which is hard to answer, since she is a lady and I never asked her age at all.

Hope the result turns out to be successful.
thats an awful question to ask
why should you know that
if you may only know your referree for 3 years. cmon now