ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family permit (visa) for refugee applicant outside UK ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

africunda
Newly Registered

EEA family permit (visa) for refugee applicant outside UK ?

Post by africunda » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:25 pm

Continued from EEA family permit possible for refugee applicant outside UK? [vinny]

Hi mr Rusty,
Thank you for your response .To elaborate on our situation, I'm a Belgian and my husband is a Nigerian. Does that change anything about the situation? We got married here in Ireland but he hasn't received his permanent resident card base on his marriage right yet.

He is currently holding a temporary refugee identity card here in Ireland which is renewable every three months as his asylum procedure is still on going despite our marriage. I do not know if this is regarded as a legal resident permit in order to satisfy the EEA family Visa requirement that reqiures the non EU spouse to be legally resident in the host member state from where application is being sought. I'm really worried about this as I can't afford to forego my new job in the UK neither do I want to leave my husband behind.

Please someone need to make this happen. Once again thanks for your assistance and I'll appreciate more counsel if possible.