ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Amend naturalisation certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

john.daddy333
Newly Registered

Re: Amend naturalisation certificate

Post by john.daddy333 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:29 pm

puhcho83 wrote:Called Home Office 2 days ago, they told me amendment take up to six weeks. Ridiculous!!! Sent our certificates on 8th of October, book them in on 13th - so we have to wait for them around 21/11. Hope to get them earlier! This is for now. Will update when we get them! Take care!
Thank you for the update. I sent mine around that time too. I'm planning to give them a call mid November if I don't get it back by then.
Puncho83, was that info you got over the phone specifically in respect of your application or just generic advice? Thanks.

puhcho83
Newly Registered

Post by puhcho83 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:18 pm

It was over the phone, talked to a woman, and she probably checked, because she put me on hold for a minute or two. I am hoping in the next couple of weeks to have something!

puhcho83
Newly Registered

Post by puhcho83 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:10 am

Happy news!!!
Check the post office tracking service to see if they got any information about my special delivery with our certificates and they will be delivered on Monday!!! Yeaaaaaah! Exactly 4 and 1/2 weeks!

chandu2004

Post by chandu2004 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:10 pm

I have applied in Mid November 2014 and am still waiting. This is the 9th week. I am calling them every week but same reply it is with case worker and some one is looking into it

Can someone please let me know, what else can I do. As it is more than 8 weeks and so frustrated with this. Please let us know

Thanks

Chandu

switest21
Newly Registered

Post by switest21 » Wed May 11, 2016 2:51 pm

Hi dear friends,

I had my approvel of British citizenship letter from HO. Then done my ceremony 31 of March. But the thing is, the town i was born in witting on my British citizen certificate down in my own language as it need to be appear in English. The country i was born correctly that is already writing certificate in English. The only mistake is the town i was born wasn't in English that's why i've been advised to send the certificate back to HO for amendment. But I send it back to HO with supporting documents ( Copy of my passport, copy of my birth certificate and explanation letter about what the mistake was on certificate and also iriginal of British Citizenship Ceremony Certificate. ) in 4th of April by special delivery and put inside pre-paid special delivery envelope with the all documents which i sent.

But i havent heard anything from HO yet. I called this numbber 0300 123 2253. They say that they can't say and particular date to be amended and return it to me. It has been 6 weeks now and still awaiting :(

Any advice, what could i do? Bcos i send my biometric indefinite leave to remain card back when i did ceremony. As my grandmum is really weak and ill as i sent them mail regarding about my grandmum situation but no heard anything since 2 weeks, As soon as i get my amended certificate im planning to go and see her maybe last time :(

Many thanks

Many thanks

chandu2004

Post by chandu2004 » Thu May 12, 2016 9:44 am

Call and email them and tell Home Office about your grandmum and her health seriousness. Keep on calling as you might get lucky and pray to god as well so they can send you amended certificate ASAP. Generally around 6 weeks it will take, so I think, you might get amended certificate anytime.

switest21
Newly Registered

Post by switest21 » Fri May 13, 2016 1:23 am

Thank you for your reply chandu, i hope that they sent back to amended certificate soon as i start to feel worry. I keep tracking my pre paid special delivery envelope but the status is still 'please come back later'

Is there anybody having waiting for amended certificate?

chandu2004

Post by chandu2004 » Fri May 13, 2016 9:57 am

Hi

Even I sent Prepaid envelope and I was tracking that envelope and as you said the status was something like yours and suddenly I received Amended certificate.

Home Office sent us Amended Certificate in new prepaid envelope, so u never know. Keep and be positve. You will get it. Don't worry

switest21
Newly Registered

Post by switest21 » Sat May 14, 2016 11:22 pm

Firstable thank you chandu.

You mentioned that HO sent you Amended Certificate in new prepaid envelope, if thats how you said there is no point me to keep tracking my pre paid envelope in post office site everyday!!!

Yesterday i called HO again and got same answer again which is It will take up to max. 10 weeks if not, you can call this number and explain your situation then we can investigate for you after 10 weeks which is 2.5 months for the only one word to be amended :(

base31
Newly Registered

Post by base31 » Sun May 15, 2016 2:16 pm

hi switest21

i am in the same situation, 6 weeks and counting foramendment to wrong country spelling
Good luck

switest21
Newly Registered

Post by switest21 » Sun May 15, 2016 11:52 pm

Hi ya base31

Sorry for you to being same situation like me. I sent my documents to Home Office 4th of April last month. Really feel frustrated and don't know what to do!

Have you called Home Office so far? if so, what do they say to you?

Why do they making life difficult that much! i can't understand and when i call them, they don't even check my document status and they straight informing me that it will take up to max 10 weeks. Im really wondering as they say will take up to max 10 weeks but if its not returned to me till 10 weeks time, what could we do?

Anybody got any ideas?

Thank you

base31
Newly Registered

Post by base31 » Wed May 18, 2016 9:09 pm

Hi Switest21

Sorry for the late response.I mailed my certificate back to them on the 5th April and was received on the 6th
I have called the number you called, i am getting the same response,' wait for 10 weeks now as it is their new service standard.Moreover they have no access to the home office data base to know what is going on. i tried to find out what was the point of having to ask us to call that 0300 number if the have no access to the UKVI system. No meaningful answer was given.
I am very concerned i may not be able to travel in July (ticket paid)
I guess we need to keep calling till a very nice supportive person take the call and give us some information and answers

switest21
Newly Registered

Post by switest21 » Sat May 21, 2016 7:13 am

Hi ya base31

7th weeks finished yesterday still awaiting. Keep tracking the pre-paid envelope on post office site which i sent with my docs. But status still is same ' please come back later'

When called them last time, i been told that after 10 weeks they are going to investigate what is going on with case. If it is be any update, i will write on here.

Good luck

switest21
Newly Registered

Post by switest21 » Tue May 31, 2016 10:02 pm

Hi everyone,

I have still wait for my amended citizenship certificate. It has been 9th weeks now and no heard anything yet.
Emailed furthernationalitiesenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk couple of times but still no heard anything from them.

Anybody know what to do in this situation? Also, Has anyone sent their certificate to be amended!

Thanks for your advices in advance

JohnnyZee

Post by JohnnyZee » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:16 pm

You should email Citizenship.support@gsi.gov.uk

All the best!

base31
Newly Registered

Post by base31 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:38 am

Hi Johnnyzee
I tried email the email address you posted it does appear not to be working.(mail was not delivered)
Citizenship.support@gsi.gov.uk
Can you please check if this email is right.
Thanks
Regards

JohnnyZee

Post by JohnnyZee » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:10 pm

Email seemed to have worked for me and a few others. But this was a few months ago. Perhaps you should resend. Or maybe the have deactivated it. All the best.

base31
Newly Registered

Post by base31 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:15 pm

Hi guys

i recieved my amended certificate today after 9 weeks

Thanks to all for the support

switest21
Newly Registered

Post by switest21 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:47 pm

Hi base31, congratulations for you. Did they send your amended certificate by your pre-paid special delivery envelope or? Did you call any particular number?

İt has been past 10 weeks now exactly today, but i still no have my amended certificate yet from HO.
İ called them today, the guy who answer the my call ask for my HO reference number, my name and my mobile number then put me on hold about 2-3 mins then he said that if i not called in next 3 working days, said that call us back then we gonna take it from there. What is this mean!!! Seriously, they made me fraustred. İ already been waiting since 10 weeks for a just a one word to be amended on my certificate but now they telling me that 3 more working days wait then contact with us.

Anybody please can help me about this issue, what can i do now? Really feeling very down :(

Thanks very much in advance

base31
Newly Registered

Post by base31 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:59 pm

hi Switest21

Thanks.
My Amended Certificate came in a second class postage since i did not enclose a prepaid delivery envelope. I did not call them but only sent an email which i never got a reply.I believe that yours is on its way fingers crossed. Lift your spirit up and call them again on wednesday as the would not want to go beyond the 10week service standard time limit.
Good luck

switest21
Newly Registered

Post by switest21 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:19 pm

Thanks for the information base31,

Im still awaiting really this is ridiculous. 10 weeks past as they stated on phone max. waiting time but still gotta wait for 3 more working days. Then will call them back. Hope to get my amended certificate soon. As soon as i hear them anything will share it on here.

Anybody having same situation like me?

Many thanks

rush00
Newly Registered

Post by rush00 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:15 pm

base31 wrote:hi switest21

i am in the same situation, 6 weeks and counting foramendment to wrong country spelling
Good luck
base31 wrote:hi Switest21

Thanks.
My Amended Certificate came in a second class postage since i did not enclose a prepaid delivery envelope. I did not call them but only sent an email which i never got a reply.I believe that yours is on its way fingers crossed. Lift your spirit up and call them again on wednesday as the would not want to go beyond the 10week service standard time limit.
Good luck
switest21 wrote:Thanks for the information base31,

Im still awaiting really this is ridiculous. 10 weeks past as they stated on phone max. waiting time but still gotta wait for 3 more working days. Then will call them back. Hope to get my amended certificate soon. As soon as i hear them anything will share it on here.

Anybody having same situation like me?

Many thanks
hi switest
i am in the same situation as you i sent my certificate to be amended on the 4th of april 2016 and they received it on the 5th, didn't get an ack letter and not yet heard from them, called them and they said standard processing time is 10 weeks its over 10 weeks now. called them twice this week they took my details and said someone would call me in the next 5 working days.
still waiting... have you heard from them?

many thanks

costarica
BANNED

Post by costarica » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:01 am

Hi , please can u tell me how long is take to amend the naturalisation certificate ? Ho told me about 10 weeks , thanks

rush00
Newly Registered

Post by rush00 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:55 pm

Hi Costa Rica
Yes it takes about 10 weeks it can be earlier or slightly longer
Mine took longer

costarica
BANNED

Post by costarica » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:37 pm

rush00 wrote:Hi Costa Rica
Yes it takes about 10 weeks it can be earlier or slightly longer
Mine took longer
Thanks rush for replay, did u pay a fee and how much please , thank u for your help