ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) payment query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RDebroy
Newly Registered

Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) payment query

Post by RDebroy » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:31 am

I have applied online for Tier 2 general visa in India on 10 July. My VAC appointment is on 16 July. I have also paid for the IHS on 10 July, and have received an IHS reference number by email. I have now printed out the completed visa application form. How will I prove that the IHS has been paid? Shall I write the IHS number on the completed application form that I have printed out? Or shall I submit the email containing the IHS reference number along with other supporting documents? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

satish.thiagarajan
Newly Registered

Re: Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) payment query

Post by satish.thiagarajan » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:15 pm

My wife had the same situation while applying for her T2G, take a copy of email having reference number and a copy of your bank statement proving you have paid the amount, that should suffice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:54 pm

Write the number on the printed copy.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

RDebroy
Newly Registered

Post by RDebroy » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:58 pm

Thanks a lot indeed Satish and Casa for you most helpful replies. Most sincerely appreciate this. Casa, can you please reconfirm whether it is necessary to carry a bank statement showing the payment (most kindly suggested by Satish)? I can certainly write the reference number on the printed copy or indeed carry a print of the email containing the IHS reference number. But it could be difficult for me to carry a copy of my bank statement as I made this payment on the 10th of July (from my UK bank account) and wont have my next bank statements until the 1 of August? Any suggestions welcome. Much thanks again.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:30 pm

You shouldn't need the bank statement. The IHS number alone is proof of payment.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

RDebroy
Newly Registered

Post by RDebroy » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:45 pm

Thanks again Casa for this. I had another clarification to seek on a related point: I filled out the new online Tier 2 General application form that has come into effect after 4th July 2015. This new form integrates payment for IHS as a part of the visa application form itself. I have paid the surcharge as part of the application form. However, after I completed the application form, and took a print of the enitre completed application form (for submission at the VFS, along with other supporting documents), I found out that there was no reference to the IHS payment in the printable version of the completed online application form. Instead, I received a separate email confirming IHS payment, and an IHS number. This is a bit confusing because while the new system INTEGRATES IHS payment within the main application form, there is no proof in possession of the applicant that s/he has paid the IHS as part of the new integrated system (that has come into effect after July 4th 2015). This is because, as I indicated above, there is no mention to the IHS payment in the completed application form, once I have printed it out for submission to the VFS.

Sorry for this rather long note. Can senior members throw some light on this please?

rubycarlo

Post by rubycarlo » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:38 am

Hi,

I have the same query regarding the IHS reference number. The IHS confirmation email I received states that my IHS ref number will 'automatically' show up on my application PDF from Visa4UK. However I found no reference to IHS payment or reference number in the cover sheet.

Did anyone else face the same situation? I will be writing the IHS ref number manually on my application cover sheet and providing my payment email as proof anyway. However, it is weird that the number does not show up automatically as they claim.

luckysunny

Post by luckysunny » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:51 am

The IHS Ref number should be written on the front page (at the top) of the printed online application form.
You should also include a print out of the IHS confirmation email. This will confirm that your payment was made.

rubycarlo wrote:Hi,

I have the same query regarding the IHS reference number. The IHS confirmation email I received states that my IHS ref number will 'automatically' show up on my application PDF from Visa4UK. However I found no reference to IHS payment or reference number in the cover sheet.

Did anyone else face the same situation? I will be writing the IHS ref number manually on my application cover sheet and providing my payment email as proof anyway. However, it is weird that the number does not show up automatically as they claim.

amoten84
Newly Registered

Post by amoten84 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:54 am

Hi,

Just need a quick help.

It seems most of the users have already paid the IHS fees, I just wanted to confirm what reference does it display on your bank/creditcard statement against that payment.

I initially applied myself and it said "http://www.homeoffice.g United Kingdom" on my credit card statement. Now after going through a solicitor the amount is wrong and the reference is "IMM HEALTH SURCHAR".

I just want to make sure if anyone else showing the same reference as the second one for their Immigration Health Surcharge.

Thanks,