ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WHAT NEXT

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mariam
Newly Registered

WHAT NEXT

Post by mariam » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:52 pm

(This is my friend case)

Mine is quite complicated,but i believe there is always a way out.sometime last year,i was arrested for being an overstayer with a visitors visa, and i claimed asyum immediately.I went through the process and they rejected my case saying my country kenya is peace full.I was told that i should be reporting at a nearess police station for signing.Before reporting on my 1st date,i got a call from home that they had consulted the GUY who had assisted me in getting the visa and she had directed them to ship me back immediatly.So i decided not to report and moved to another town.So my question,how do i restart again because am living in fear, and i would like the home office to be aware of my being without deporting me.Any advice i would apreciate.
My other question is that ,with what is going on in kenya @the moment and the fact that i came from that particular area where the killings are taking place, would i go back to home office and tell them this.( SO SAD ABOUT WHAT IS GOING ON IN KENYA AND HOPE PEACE WILL BE MET)

Thanks.

jimquk
United Kingdom

Post by jimquk » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:37 pm

In the light of current events, your friend MAY have a possibility of making a fresh claim for asylum. However, she should be under no illusions that the outcome is likely to be negative unless she can show that she is personally at risk. The level of violence in the country generally is unlikely to be considered sufficient to require protection here.

She also has a problem in that her previous claim was rejected, and they most probably considered it to be "late and opportunistic"; then she has failed to comply with her reporting restrictions; basically they will argue that she is untrustworthy and unlikely to be telling the truth.

She would need to get good professional advice before approaching the Home Office, as there is a strong possibility that she would be detained while her case wa processed.

Frankly, unless she can show compelling evidence why she personally would be in danger from the Kenyan authorities or similar, I would advise her to consider voluntary return via http://www.iomlondon.org/
The Refused are coming day-by-day nearer to freedom.