ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Attendance Letter from school for foreign born kid

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

qhussain

Attendance Letter from school for foreign born kid

Post by qhussain » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:02 pm

Hi All,

I went for NCS appointment(JCAP) to Brighton for mine and my daughter(Born in India, age 7) British Citizenship application(Tier1 5 year + ILR 1 year), The NCS lady was very kind and helpful but surprisingly, she asked me for letter from school to show that my daughter is registered and going to school.
She told me, it is required for registering(MN1) foreign born child.

I was not having that letter at that time but the lady suggested, I can give it her latter and she will post my application, once she receive it.

Luckily, I got that letter from school and send it to her.

This was surprise to me, as I regularly follow post in this forum but I don’t remember any body experienced this.

Anyway sharing my experience, if someone applying for BC with child, if the child was born in foreign country and goes to school, please have a letter from school.

School Attendance Letter:

Date: XXXX

Dear whomever it might concern,

<Child Name>(DOB)

<child name> was admitted to <school name> on <admission date> and he/she is currently in full time education.
Her Current Address is:
<You Home Address>

Kind Regards,
<Teacher/Head Teacher Name>

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Attendance Letter from school for foreign born kid

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:06 pm

I submitted the same for my daughter when I did MN1 in 2013, to prove residency mainly.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

khurram2015
Newly Registered

Post by khurram2015 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:24 pm

Thanks for sharing this useful information!
I have booked NCS (JCAP) appointment at Bracknell Forest Council and they have also asked for exactly the same kind of letter from my daughter's school. Good to know that other councils are also asking for the same information.

Regards

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:49 pm

I submitted similar plus school reports, school trip and award letters (and similar) for a child's MN1; all to demonstrate residency and also integration with and commitment to life in UK.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.