ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation: Absence > Required Residence Requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier1app

Naturalisation: Absence > Required Residence Requirement

Post by tier1app » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:48 am

Hi all,

I understand that as part for the residence requirement for Naturalisation application; appliants are required to be in the UK for <450(480) for the last 5 years; and <90 (100) for the last year.

I had a 69-day work related absence and a 24-day medical related absence in the very last year, which added up to 174 days for the very last year together with my other absence, the toal absence for the last five years was 418.

I have already submitted my application with all the relevant supporting documents that was advised by a solicitor; so ideally if the case worker takes those factors into account, my absence would be reduced to 84 days in the last year. In addition, I have demstrated that I am currently employed in the UK and I have paid in a deposit for a property that is to be exchanged in 2017, as my linkage to the UK.

Now, I have done as much as I could, and I know it is always case by case and it is up to the case workers. But I am wondering if anyone here were in a similar situation where they had exceed the absence with medical or other compensenated reasons; what were the reasons and how were they considered? what were the outcomes?

Thanks in advance for sharing your valuable experience.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation: Absence > Required Residence Requirement

Post by ohara » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:18 am

Have you read the AN Guide? HO can exercise a certain amount of discretion with the absence limits. It tells you exactly how much in there.

tier1app

Re: Naturalisation: Absence > Required Residence Requirement

Post by tier1app » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:05 am

ohara wrote:Have you read the AN Guide? HO can exercise a certain amount of discretion with the absence limits. It tells you exactly how much in there.
tks, yes i have but did you read my post? i fully understand my own situation, my query was to if anyone who are/were in similar situation can share their cases or experience.