ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Back to Basics question?

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

THRASH
Newly Registered

Back to Basics question?

Post by THRASH » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:56 pm

Hi Guys,

Thanks you for providing such an informative forum. I sit here in ore reading some of your fantastic plans of living in OZ.

With running the risk of sounding thick, can i ask a "Back to Basics" question.

As with the majority of you, my dream is to one day live and work in Australia. One BIG problem. I dont have a career that comes anywhere near appearing on the SOL or MODL skills lists. I fear i am living a pipe dream.

I am 29 years old and work in Distribution as a Stock Allocator. I have a degree in Maths. Am i right in thinking i have no chance of getting work in OZ? Do you need a job on the MODL list for a company to sponser you?

Worst case senario, i am willing to re-train to get in. Without wanting to sound greedy, does anyone have any views on the quickest Occupation to re-tain into so i could finally live my dream?

Thanks guys.

T

verystormy
Newly Registered

Post by verystormy » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:23 am

Cant offer you a "quick" retrain method, but i have just retrained as a Geologist and am going to Oz, sponsered by a mining company. There is a global shortage of Geo science. A maths degree would get you entry onto a ego degree / geophysics