ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I have applied after EU REf...

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pri123
Newly Registered

I have applied after EU REf...

Post by pri123 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:16 pm

hello
i am non eu national recently applied for EEA partners me and my Polish GF living together nearly 6 months i was overstayer so i am bit worried about is there any effect on my application..

Please do needful suggestion ..

thank you
pri

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: I have applied after EU REf...

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:19 pm

I'm sorry to say you have cause to be concerned. You are short of 18 months for the 2 year period of living together required to qualify as a relationship 'akin to marriage'. 6 months of co-habitation won't qualify for an extended family member application.

Edit: I see from your 2011 thread that you are female. Is this a same gender relationship? Not that it changes the 2 year co-habitation rule.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... ml#p532985
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

pri123
Newly Registered

Post by pri123 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:28 pm

Thank you casa for your reply i know it wont qualify and we are getting marry in october but my question is whats gone happend if UK gone decied to leave...she started to live in uk nearly 1year..

thank you

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:33 pm

I can't tell you what the end result of Brexit will be.
What I can tell you is that as foreign nationals, you will have to register your intent to marry with a Home Office designated Registry Office. The Registrar is then legally bound to notify the HO who can then extend the notification period from 28 to 70 days in order to interview you both before the wedding can take place. The obvious risk as an overstayer is that you may well be detained at the interview.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:38 pm

pri123 wrote:Thank you casa for your reply i know it wont qualify ...

thank you
Unclear why you applied in these circumstances which will inevitably lead to a refusal.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.