ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time to renew spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SoHopeful

Time to renew spouse visa

Post by SoHopeful » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:37 pm

Hi all,

I am back with a few questions in the run up to my husband's application for FLR.

1. I have requested a letter from my housing association to confirm they give consent to my husband living in my flat. If I do not get this letter in enough time to submit, would it be ok to just submit the copy of the tenancy agreement I have which does state how many people can live in the home?

2. I will be using my employment to meet the requirements but should I include details of my husband's employment to give a full picture of our circumstances?

3. If we are able to do a premium appointment is there anything issued in writing there and then stating that FLR has been granted? My husband's employer is now asking for proof of right to work as they know his visa is due to expire and we would like to provide something straight away rather than waiting for the BRP to arrive.

SoHopeful

Re: Time to renew spouse visa

Post by SoHopeful » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:30 pm

Anyone able to help out with the above queries??

OK a few more...

4. The application date was always from the date of payment for entry clearance so would the financial documents required need to be within 28 days of the online payment if doing the premium service or within 28 days of the postal application being sent off? I want to be clear on that as I may need to wait until my next payslip is issued for my husband to submit his application.

5. I know back in 2013 using online print outs of bank statements and payslips without verification from bank/employer was hit and miss. What experiences have people had applying for FLR with print outs? My employer's HR dept is now outsourced so the process to get things done takes weeks now as opposed to days. I may need to print out my next payslip as I explained above and wondering if I need to go through the hassle of getting it verified. My worry is no matter what I do, by the time my request to HR is actioned, by the time I receive the documents I'll only have a small window to do the application before they expire again.

6. Could a letter addressed to my husband and I from my son's secondary school count towards the correspondence requirement?

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:36 pm

Oh and is there a deadline to submit the application once the IHS has been paid?

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:02 am

1) Tenancy agreement should be original not copy and also most of these documents if not all

Land Registry documents
mortgage statements
rent book or tenancy agreement
council tax statements
property inspection report
utilities bills
accommodation details with a supporting letter from the occupant/ landlord confirming that you are able to stay there”

2) They are only interested whether you meet the financial requirement . If you are just relying on your employment to meet the financial requirement then there is no need to provide details about husband employment

3) According to UKVI rule any existing right to work will continue until that new application has been decided. There is dedicated employer page on UKVI where they can check the right of work for their employee

https://www.gov.uk/legal-right-work-uk
https://www.gov.uk/check-job-applicant-right-to-work

4) Your most recent payslips, employer letter and bank statements should not be older than 28 days( calendar days) on the date of your online application if apply online or date of posting if its postal application. If you opt for premium same day service then these documents should not be older than 28 days on the date of appointment.

5) If bank statements are not original then print outs are acceptable as long as there is bank stamp on each page or you have bank letter on official headed paper confirming the authenticity of these copy statements. Again payslips should be original and verification of payslips is must if they are not original . Rules are very strict no matter what excuse you give

6) did not get your question and has no clue how its relevant to application

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:46 pm

ILR1980 wrote:1) Tenancy agreement should be original not copy and also most of these documents if not all

Land Registry documents
mortgage statements
rent book or tenancy agreement
council tax statements
property inspection report
utilities bills
accommodation details with a supporting letter from the occupant/ landlord confirming that you are able to stay there”

Thanks for your responses but dont really feel you answered the question... If I am unable to get the letter from my landlord will just my tenancy agreement suffice? I don't have the original and was fine the first time round...

2) They are only interested whether you meet the financial requirement . If you are just relying on your employment to meet the financial requirement then there is no need to provide details about husband employment

3) According to UKVI rule any existing right to work will continue until that new application has been decided. There is dedicated employer page on UKVI where they can check the right of work for their employee

https://www.gov.uk/legal-right-work-uk
https://www.gov.uk/check-job-applicant-right-to-work

Thanks for that, I'll pass it on to my husband.

4) Your most recent payslips, employer letter and bank statements should not be older than 28 days( calendar days) on the date of your online application if apply online or date of posting if its postal application. If you opt for premium same day service then these documents should not be older than 28 days on the date of appointment.
Ok thanks. I wanted to be sure the 28 day limit covered the right period.

5) If bank statements are not original then print outs are acceptable as long as there is bank stamp on each page or you have bank letter on official headed paper confirming the authenticity of these copy statements. Again payslips should be original and verification of payslips is must if they are not original . Rules are very strict no matter what excuse you give
Well this is going to be a real challenge. Does it have to be payroll that provides the letter? If my senior manager could do it at least I could nag him in person!

6) did not get your question and has no clue how its relevant to application
Can a letter from a school addressed to us both count as joint correspondence?

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:37 pm

SoHopeful wrote:1) Thanks for your responses but dont really feel you answered the question... If I am unable to get the letter from my landlord will just my tenancy agreement suffice? I don't have the original and was fine the first time round
I can only tell you what evidences are required for accommodation. People send most of these documents mentioned before for their peace of mind. I cannot tell you what will happen if you dont send most of these documents. Its up to Entry Clearance that whether he will accept just copy of tenancy agreement without others document i.e council tax bill or utility bills etc. I always prefer to not provide any excuse for them to refuse the application but up to you

SoHopeful wrote:Well this is going to be a real challenge. Does it have to be payroll that provides the letter? If my senior manager could do it at least I could nag him in person!
If you read the 3.3.7 of Appendix Appendix FM 1.7: Financial Requirement

Payslips must be original formal payslips issued by the employer and showing the employer’s name, or be accompanied by a letter from the employer, on their headed paper and signed by a senior official confirming they are authentic.

so i assume letter from senior manager on official heeded paper of company confirming the authenticity of payslips would be fine
SoHopeful wrote:Can a letter from a school addressed to us both count as joint correspondence?
Sure