ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA(PR): Questions about supporting documents (EU national)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dtames
Newly Registered

EEA(PR): Questions about supporting documents (EU national)

Post by dtames » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:17 pm

I am an EU (non-A8) national who has lived and worked full-time in the UK for just over 5 years now and I'm preparing to submit the EEA(PR) (or EEA3 thanks to this forum) application. I have looked at all the sections of the form and I have a few questions about the supporting documents if you don't mind.

Proof of identity and nationality
The application asks for a passport or national identity card, but it looks like most people are sending their passports. Is it possible to send the national identity card? (though I don't see how this proves nationality). I have booked travel outside the EU in November that will require my passport and before that a summer holiday in the EU.

Proof of residence
How many documents do people generally send? Is one document per quarter sufficient? Also, almost all of my utility bills are electronic and it looks like they are only accepting originals? Is there any leeway with this? I assume that having lived in two addresses over these 5 years won't matter.

Evidence of employment
Is the recipe for this employment letters + P60s? Are the P60s really necessary (since I don't need to establish any income level AFAIK)? I have asked for employment letters before and they generally say "Mr X has worked for us full-time from date1 to date2. His role was Y" - is anything else needed? Should the letters be addressed to the Home Office? I've seen people mention they submitted payslips for the time period since the last P60, but what to do if they are electronic?

Lastly, I'm being overly cautious, but I don't need to submit any of the other supporting documents mentioned throughout the application, right? (besides the 2 photos of course)

Thank you for your time!

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: EEA(PR): Questions about supporting documents (EU nation

Post by ohara » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:15 am

dtames wrote:Proof of identity and nationality
The application asks for a passport or national identity card, but it looks like most people are sending their passports. Is it possible to send the national identity card? (though I don't see how this proves nationality). I have booked travel outside the EU in November that will require my passport and before that a summer holiday in the EU.
National ID card from your home country is accepted, just as it is for travel purposes inside the EU.
dtames wrote:Proof of residence
How many documents do people generally send? Is one document per quarter sufficient? Also, almost all of my utility bills are electronic and it looks like they are only accepting originals? Is there any leeway with this? I assume that having lived in two addresses over these 5 years won't matter.
Try to send at least 3 things for each year. I printed my own council tax bills for the last 5 years from the council website and they were accepted. I had also moved house 2 years ago and it wasn't a problem.
dtames wrote:Evidence of employment
Is the recipe for this employment letters + P60s? Are the P60s really necessary (since I don't need to establish any income level AFAIK)? I have asked for employment letters before and they generally say "Mr X has worked for us full-time from date1 to date2. His role was Y" - is anything else needed? Should the letters be addressed to the Home Office? I've seen people mention they submitted payslips for the time period since the last P60, but what to do if they are electronic
I sent P60's, a single random payslip from each year, and also a letter from my employer stating that I had worked for them since XXX date. It does not need to be addressed to the Home Office. Your HR department should have a standard format for letters like this and they will normally be address "to whomever it may concern".
dtames wrote:Lastly, I'm being overly cautious, but I don't need to submit any of the other supporting documents mentioned throughout the application, right? (besides the 2 photos of course)

Thank you for your time!
Make sure you read the guidance notes clearly. You need to make your case as strong as possible to ensure there is no doubt in HO's mind that you have been resident and exercising treaty rights for the qualifying period. The pack I ended up sending with my application weighed 500g and cost a bomb to post!

dtames
Newly Registered

Post by dtames » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:05 pm

Thank you for your reply, very useful!

I am still worried about the national ID as a valid document because those of my home country (Greece) do not have an expiry date and are not machine readable, but I will try it anyway and see what happens.

apocalypse
Newly Registered

Post by apocalypse » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:20 pm

dtames wrote:Thank you for your reply, very useful!

I am still worried about the national ID as a valid document because those of my home country (Greece) do not have an expiry date and are not machine readable, but I will try it anyway and see what happens.

If you can avoid it DONT sent your id card.
I sent mine for my Registration Certificate and they refused to issue me one on the basis that was expired!
The case worker took the issue date as an expiration date. I had to write them a reconsideration letter and gather info about IDs (and post them with my letter). After this they issued me an RC but I lost about 2 weeks trying to sort things out.
That was down to the case worker that didn't check my ID document properly (Im Greek as well).

So my advice would be sent your passport with your application, if you traveling within the EU you can use your ID for that instead.

Good Luck

osiris1965
Newly Registered

Post by osiris1965 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:07 pm

If I send my passport with my EEA(PR) application, how long do I have to wait to get it back?
I need to travel as well. Has anyone succeeded in the application with a greek national identity card?

hellothere19
United Kingdom

Post by hellothere19 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:12 pm

dtames wrote:Thank you for your reply, very useful!

I have applied with my Belgian ID card which expires in 2017 as I needed my passport for travel outside the EU
I haven't heard back from them (yet) and hope it will be not a problem
Dual national since Jan 2018 :) Belgian and British