ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa4UK - Date of Intended Travel

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sme01

Visa4UK - Date of Intended Travel

Post by sme01 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:47 pm

Hi

I was going to apply for spouse visa for my wife online. there are couple of question i am bit confuse, can someone please advise.

1 - There is a question 'Date of Intended Travel', i don't have a date yet, i am hoping to bring my wife by end of October, can i just provide any random date of end of October ?

I was hoping to fill as much as information and then save the application, don't want to submit at the moment but on first page there is only 'Create application' option, if i click this option i guess it will not submit my application, can someone please confirm.

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Visa4UK - Date of Intended Travel

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:00 pm

I can't help you with the online system as I haven't had to use it. However, I can confirm that you can only request for the visa to be post-dated no more than 3 months ahead.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

saim0204
Newly Registered

Post by saim0204 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:33 pm

I have used the visa4uk form. I wrote a random date too, I'm not sure about how important that is. Creating application will definitely not submit the application, but the information you put in that part can't be changed after you have 'created the application'. So, that random date can't be changed.

Creating the application just gives you your application reference number on a home page and a little table with the breakdown of the process like this:
Application- (There are different sections within 'Application' you can save and go back to change them before you submit. When you submit it ticks and turns green, then you can't change it)
Signing the declaration
BRP Collection location
View appointment
Pay for IHS
Pay for application
print application.

Every time you complete one it ticks it off and turns green and then you can't go back to it.

Hope that helps

sme01

Post by sme01 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:19 pm

Thanks both, saim0204 thanks for explaining, its helpful

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:38 pm

People should put intended date of travel as per standard waiting time of priority or non priority service which they are using but It dont actually matter as ECO may grant you a visa before OR after your intended date of travelling thats why they recommend you to not buy tickets in advance