ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

check on status of regular family visit visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hml9
Newly Registered

check on status of regular family visit visa

Post by hml9 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:33 pm

Hello

My mother's applied for a regular visa from the Ukraine, and has attended the visa center on 11 May.
There are no news yet, and logging in and seeing the application status, one can only see the application complete.
Is there anywhere that one can see the actual decision? No email has reached her since the appointment confirmation from visa4uk.fco.gov.uk.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: check on status of regular family visit visa

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:40 pm

You won't see a decision online or by email notification. Your mother should receive a text or an email informing her that the passport is ready to collect. and you will only know whether the application is approved or rejected when the passport is collected.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

hml9
Newly Registered

Post by hml9 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:13 pm

11 may was the appointment date. we are 21 june.
Perhaps these are normal waiting times. Would you do something more say if we haven't heard anything 21 July?

hml9
Newly Registered

Post by hml9 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:02 am

https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/User/Home have a contact us section.

There's a +44 1243 218 157 phone number where you pay to speak to an adviser, they also have an email form.

Can one obtain a application status from them?
The appointment was attended on 11 may, and we have heard no sms nor email from them