ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CT600 form for self employed sponsor/partner

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mateen123
Newly Registered

CT600 form for self employed sponsor/partner

Post by mateen123 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:50 pm

Hi

I'm applying FLR(M) visa extension for my wife and we both are self employed (I'm a IT contractor and my wife a Medical contractor).

I have all the documents needed except the CT600 form (Corporation tax return form). My account says that I can't file the Corporation tax return untill the end of July (as that is when I started my company).

But looks like this is a must document to submit. Any ideas what to do. I need to apply for visa in 2 weeks time.

Also someone suggested me that I dont need to show as a self employed person, but can apply as an employeed person, as we both recieved salary from our limited companies and it is sufficient to show the minimum required amount. All I need is payslips, P60, Bank Statements and Employement letter (for both of us). If this is so, what should I do regarding the Employment letter. Should I type one myself and print it out (for each of us on behaf of our limited companies).

Thanks,
Mateen

ILR1980
Pakistan

Re: CT600 form for self employed sponsor/partner

Post by ILR1980 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:31 pm

If you are not sole trader and are director of limited company then you must provide Company Tax Return CT600 as per Appendix FM-SE:

(i) Company Tax Return CT600 (a copy or print-out) for the last full financial year and evidence this has been filed with HMRC, such as electronic or written acknowledgment from HMRC

Read page 64/65

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rement.pdf

Now we cannot tell you what will happen if you dont submit this document

I have seen some refusal in cases where people were director of their company but applied as salaried employee so dont know if this trick of owner acting as employee will work ..may be others can guide you better

estirichy

Re: CT600 form for self employed sponsor/partner

Post by estirichy » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:12 pm

Hi mateen,

I have recently applied for my wifes flr (M) extension using my limited company. As the law states CT600 must be provided from the most recently ended financial year.
In my case when applying in May, my company financial year recently ended was Aug 14- July 15, so I sent all documents required for this period, but HO still messed me up and said the financial supporting evidence wasn't from the last financial year (such bimbo caseworkers who don't read what is in front of them)
so the have switch my wife back to 10 year route because she didn't meet the financial requirement...

I have since written a reconsideration request to HO to point out the error so it can be rectified.

SO my advise is if you can wait till you get fresh documents for you about to end company accounting period that will be best, if not use your previous financial year's documents, am sure you have CT600 for that year.....BUT please write a covering letter to spell it out to the caseworker, that's the mistake I did with my wifes application, I didn't write a letter as I did for spousal visa explaining, thinking they have all the docs requested, but obvious they want to be spoonfed.
, Explain you are the director of your company and as such the supporting documents as stated in Section 9 of APpendic FM SE. ALso explain what your company's financial year is so that he/she doesn't mistake you for a sole trader and hence want to see a tax return.

All the best