ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Phone number for biometrics?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

goingbrit

Phone number for biometrics?

Post by goingbrit » Wed May 11, 2016 10:03 pm

I applied for naturalisation in the first week of April, and the fee was deducted (and an acknowledgement sent) on 29th April. I have still not received the biometric letter, and since I have moved (and changed my address using the home office online link) in the interim, I am worried that the letter may have got lost somehow. Is there a phone number where I could call to ask whether my biometric letter can be resent?
Looking through the timelines posted here, it seems like the biometric letters come quite quickly after the fee is deducted and any delays are between that the final approval. This is why I am worried.
If anyone has the phone number or a similar experience to share, that would be great,thanks!
GB

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Phone number for biometrics?

Post by CR001 » Wed May 11, 2016 10:09 pm

Any reason why you cannot check your previous address for any post for you or why you didn't do a mail redirection?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

goingbrit

Post by goingbrit » Wed May 11, 2016 10:29 pm

I have had mail redirected, but have had trouble getting in touch with new tenants at old place. Hence the question!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 11, 2016 10:35 pm

Biometric letter might still be on its way though.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

goingbrit

Post by goingbrit » Fri May 20, 2016 5:57 pm

Update - our (AN and MN3(1)) biometrics letters have finally arrived. They were sent to our old address, even though as stated above, I changed our address on the HO weblink three weeks before the fee was deducted from my account! So if you are changing addresses, don't rely on the address updating service to work (it says updated in 3 working days, which is clearly more than 21 calendar days :roll: ).
Now hoping against hope, that approval (if I should be so lucky) will be delivered to current address!

goingbrit

Post by goingbrit » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:23 pm

A final update - both my son and I have now been approved (letter dated 05/07) :D :D :D but the letters were sent to the old address, despite my having updated my address in April before we moved. Moral - there is no updating service in effect, so you have to rely on Royal Mail redirection service!