ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Onboarding for a flight to Italy refused

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alex209
Newly Registered

Onboarding for a flight to Italy refused

Post by alex209 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:03 pm

Hi,
I am an Italian citizen married with a non-EU person.
She has a residence card issued here in UK stating that she is married with EU citizen and has the right to reside in EU.

We have been denied to on-board on a flight to Italy apparently on the basis of the fact that her residence card just says UE and not EEA. Of course this is something that is not under our control since the Home Office decides what to write on the residence card when they issue it.

The staff of the airline also told me that they contacted Italian immigration that said they would not have allowed her to enter Italy with me. No evidence of this conversation took place has been provided.
And from our perspective this would have been against the decision taken by EU Court in MRAX vs Kingdom of Belgium case.

Anyway the same day we have been able to cross the border using a different carrier that considered our documents appropriate.

Do you think this is a violation of our rights or is there anything I ignore about the right of movement that give airlines margin to take different decisions?

Thank you,
Alex

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Onboarding for a flight to Italy refused

Post by seagul » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:37 pm

One of the place on internet I read sometime before that UK eu residence card give visa free entry to the partner of eu national but it should be the different eu country than the eu country the eu national belong to because if eu national travelling to his own eu country then domestic inland immigration rules will apply instead eu privileges??
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.