ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS payment in euros

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

John Green

IHS payment in euros

Post by John Green » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:41 pm

I am hoping to pay for the IHS in UK pounds. But it does not give me this option. It only says euro payments. If I enter my UK sterling bank account details in the box, will it take the money in pounds and convert it automatically? I am paying for my wife, but I assume it thinks she is paying the fee.

And the actual payment will take up to 5 days to reach them. Is that a problem?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: IHS payment in euros

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:48 pm

The applicant pays the fee in the currency applicable to where they are applying from.
will it take the money in pounds and convert it automatically?
Yes, but it might cost you more re exchange rate and bank fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

John Green

Post by John Green » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:51 pm

Ok, but the applicant has not the money. So I am paying this for her, as her sponsor. So my question really is, can I pay as her sponsor? My bank in the UK doesn't think there is a problem, but I want to be sure before I fill out the IHS form that UK sponsors can pay it.

What happens next? Do they email her (the applicant) the fact that they have received the information "she" (myself) is going to pay it? Then they wait 5 days to tell her by email they actually received it?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:55 pm

It doesn't matter who pays it. You should be able to pay with your bank card, it will just cost you more.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

John Green

Post by John Green » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:59 pm

Cheers. (They only give you 3 hours to make the payment, so not really time to research cheaper option.)