ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 / FM-EFM Discussion thread

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ASNUL

Re: EEA2 / FM-EFM Discussion thread

Post by ASNUL » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:32 pm

ro-28 wrote:HI Guys,

Just a quick question - I applied on 23rd Dec 2015 and received COA on 3rd Feb 2016.
Since then no communication. Its been more than 6 months.

Is anyone else in the same situation?

I'm really worried.

Same here
My life is nothing but a continuous stress

diego-560
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by diego-560 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:04 pm

diego-560 wrote:
diego-560 wrote:Hi all

My partner and I have just applied for EEA EFM and EEA QP. I have learnt so much from these boards, it really helped me in getting my application together. I am the Extended Family Member as an Unmarried Partner, I'm a New Zealand citizen. She is the QP, and is Hungarian. We have been together for 6 years, have lived together for the past 3 and a bit years in London. We have very good evidence for the last 2 years of living together having a durable relationship (Various joint bills, joint bank account, joint tenancy agreements, joint council taxes) plus we included photos of us spread over the entire 6 years. We're going to visit my family again at the end of the year so I included a print of our confirmed itinerary to NZ for Christmas. I also included a pre-paid special delivery envelope already addressed to myself because I need them to send my passport back as soon as they are able. Not sure if it'll help, but I thought it can't hurt. Thanks Kamoe for the idea.

Here's our timeline so far:

25 May: Application sent
26 May: Application received by HO
27 May: Payment taken (for both of us)

.... to be continued!
The above quote is my own post I made earlier on 27 May.

To provide an update, as of 19 June I have NOT received any bio-metrics letter, or any correspondence of any description.

Hungarian and New Zealander couple.
Here is another update to my application progress (the above are all my previous posts).

Firstly, Jacky25pop, you were right! It took me a bit over 4 weeks to get my Biometrics letter. Interestingly my COA came in the same envelope as the request for biometrics. I've also requested my passport back online via the document return tool. I had included a pre-paid special delivery envelope addressed to myself with my EEA EFM application so I do hope that by doing so it speeds up the process. It is my only source of ID.

Here is my new timeline.

25 May: Application sent
26 May: Application received by HO
27 May: Payment taken (for both of us)
29 June: Biometrics Letter and COA received together. COA confirms no right to work. Both letters are dated 26 June, which is a Sunday, interestingly.
30 June: Biometrics submitted (Morning)
30 June: Request for passport return submitted (Evening)
... to be continued

ro-28
Newly Registered

Post by ro-28 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:24 pm

@Asnul - Exactly the same with me. Continually stressed. keep running up and down every time the pot comes but nothing :/ no documents yet and no RC. Called them today - they said someone will get back to me in 5 working days just to tell me whats going on with my application!! 5 days just to give me an update!!

erlols
Newly Registered

Post by erlols » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:25 am

Fiso4ka, thank you for your reply. I will try to find out if the current permit is enough to travel back to the UK.
Many thanx again.

dejan83
Newly Registered

Post by dejan83 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:26 pm

Update: RC received today, still waiting for our documents

Here's my timeline

Application posted on : 30/12/2015; Applied for EEA2 (FM), wife for EEA1 (QP)
Received by UKVI/HO on : 31/12/2015
Payment taken on : 04/01/2016
Bio letter received on : 27/01/2016 (dated 25/01/2016)
Biometrics Enrolled on : 29/01/2016
COA With Work : 11/02/2016 (dated 08/02/2016)
Passports requested: 15/06/2016, second request sent 29/06/2016
Received letter from DX [attempted delivery] 29/06/2016 (dated 27/06/2016)
Re-delivery arranged for 01/07/2016
Resident Card Received on 01/07/2016 (date of issue 22/06/2016)
Documents Returned on ............

Good luck to Everyone!

Nikolaj Pedersen
Newly Registered

Post by Nikolaj Pedersen » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:28 am

Good people of the Immigration Boards,

My wife (Moroccan) and I (Danish) have been married since 28 May this year and submitted our EEA (FM) application to the Home Office on 18/06 (see further details below).

We are concerned because the home office - on two separate occasions - prior to the application informed us that our passports would be returned around a month after submitting application if we included cover letter stating the urgency and pre-stamped envelopes with addresses for return of documents.

This is very important for us as we both have travelling responsibilities over the coming months (work and private); most importantly our own wedding celebration in Denmark on 17 September.

Since submitting application I called up the home office to get an update on our situation, and now they inform me that we should wait two months and then use the online link / form to request the return of our passports.This is very worrying as it would take us very close to the date of our wedding, a day for which family and friends from Morocco and wider Europe are now making arrangements to travel to. And the home office does not foster much trust with their mixed information and general processes.

I'm posting this message to get some thoughts and experiences on what to expect and what is the best way for us to proceed.

Don't even get me started on why people even have to apply to get documents returned in the first place. It should be common sense that we all want them back absolutely as soon as possible.

Your helps is greatly appreciated,
Loubna & Nikolaj

---------------------------------------

Application posted on : 18/06/2016
Received by HO on : 20/06/2016
Payment taken on : 27/06/2016
Bio letter received on :
Biometrics Enrolled on :
COA:
Resident Card Received:

zeyad.ahmed10
Newly Registered

Post by zeyad.ahmed10 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:27 pm

Hello everyone,

I have applied my EEA 2 FM for myself on 6th of January, What should I do If I do not receive any reply by 6th of July. As my 6 months duration will finish in 6th of July. Help needed please.

Thank you

xkcd83
Newly Registered

Post by xkcd83 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:50 pm

Hi Guys

I have applied for EEA FM. However I already have a BRP card from my employer. (My company is going through wobbly times which is why I have applied for the EEA FM RC). I have submitted this BRP as part of my application. However I need to make work related travel in the coming couple of months, so I intend to ask for return of documents (while hoping this will not stall / delay my EEA FM application :? ). Since my BRP is my visa to the UK currently, I would need to apply for return of both - my passport and BRP. Does anyone have experience in getting back the BRP as well? Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

My timeline so far:

Application posted on : 11 May
Received by UKVI/HO on : 12 May
Payment taken on : 18 May
Bio letter received on : 24 June
Biometrics Enrolled on : 27 June
COA With Work :30 June
Passport, BRP, EEA national ID requested: ___
Resident Card Received on :??
Documents Returned on :??

zeyad.ahmed10
Newly Registered

Post by zeyad.ahmed10 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:33 pm

Hello everyone,

Is there any way to contact Home Office about me EEA2 FM, as it has been 6 months today and I have not heard anything from them. I have been trying to contact them by 0300 123 2253. But they are not picking it up.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you.

Nona1004
Newly Registered

Post by Nona1004 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:00 pm

Hi!

The number for the Home Office that I have is: 0300 1232 2534.

It gives you several options (after you've selected the EU/EEA route), one of which is an option for people who have applied over 6 months ago. So that is the one for you.

My husband and I are at almost 5 and a half months right now, so I haven't talked to anyone from the hotline using this option.

I hope this helps! Keep us updated.

Best of luck!

zeyad.ahmed10
Newly Registered

Post by zeyad.ahmed10 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:05 pm

Nona1004 wrote:Hi!

The number for the Home Office that I have is: 0300 1232 2534.

It gives you several options (after you've selected the EU/EEA route), one of which is an option for people who have applied over 6 months ago. So that is the one for you.

My husband and I are at almost 5 and a half months right now, so I haven't talked to anyone from the hotline using this option.

I hope this helps! Keep us updated.

Best of luck!
Thank you Nona1004
They picked it up after 15 minutes after a big queue. They told me 6 months start when your payment has been taken. so my payment was taken 11th January. So I will wait till 11th July and then I will call them back. I do not know if it really starts when the payment is taken or when you send it. It is confusing.
Thanks again

Nona1004
Newly Registered

Post by Nona1004 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:08 pm

Hi again!

I'm glad you reached them. I don't think they gave you the right information. In the CoA of my husband, it mentions that six months from when they received the application (as far as I remember). I guess with your case it doesn't necessarily make a very big difference (although I do understand that waiting another 4 or 5 days when you're so anxious is very stressful).

However, in my husband's case (the non-EEA national), they made a mistake with deducting the payment and only took it after 6 weeks (after we called them about it several times). Since then, we have actually received an apology about how long the payment, biometrics and CoA took (after we used the complaint system). Surely they can't profit (in the term of having more time before we can act) from something they themselves admitted was a mistake?

Furthermore, the six month deadline is given by the European regulations and specifically mentions "six months from application": http://ec.europa.eu/justice/policies/ci ... nt_low.pdf

The UK Government has (had to) basically internalised this timeframe and also on its own website mentions that this is from the time of application (but note how they call it "standard processing time"): https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... r-services

zeyad.ahmed10
Newly Registered

Post by zeyad.ahmed10 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:44 pm

Nona1004 wrote:Hi again!

I'm glad you reached them. I don't think they gave you the right information. In the CoA of my husband, it mentions that six months from when they received the application (as far as I remember). I guess with your case it doesn't necessarily make a very big difference (although I do understand that waiting another 4 or 5 days when you're so anxious is very stressful).

However, in my husband's case (the non-EEA national), they made a mistake with deducting the payment and only took it after 6 weeks (after we called them about it several times). Since then, we have actually received an apology about how long the payment, biometrics and CoA took (after we used the complaint system). Surely they can't profit (in the term of having more time before we can act) from something they themselves admitted was a mistake?

Furthermore, the six month deadline is given by the European regulations and specifically mentions "six months from application": http://ec.europa.eu/justice/policies/ci ... nt_low.pdf

The UK Government has (had to) basically internalised this timeframe and also on its own website mentions that this is from the time of application (but note how they call it "standard processing time"): https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... r-services
Thanks again Nona1004,

I will try to call them again on Monday as the payment was taken on 11th of January, so it will be 11th of July by then. I hope they wont say that time that the processing time starts the time I give my biometrics.

amanda505
Newly Registered

Post by amanda505 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:08 am

Hi all
Have any mid January applicants already received their RC? I've noticed that many January applicants have received their PR card but for EEA2 there hasn't been any news lately...
Thanks!

yeeeeeeee
Newly Registered

Post by yeeeeeeee » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:10 am

amanda505 wrote:Hi all
Have any mid January applicants already received their RC? I've noticed that many January applicants have received their PR card but for EEA2 there hasn't been any news lately...
Thanks!
No news here yet, unfortunately...

Application posted on :15.01.2016
COA With Work : 15.02.2016 dated
Resident Card: ??.??.????
Documents : ??.??.????

Ali12035
Germany

Post by Ali12035 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:01 pm

Hi,

Is this possible that my natural mother can apply for EEA family permit while I am under 16 years old holding EEA family member residence card through my stepmother who is EEA national and married with my father since 6 years?

I came in uk since 18 months and studying in college.

Thanks

Sheeraz

Nona1004
Newly Registered

Post by Nona1004 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:04 pm

Hi Sheeraz,

I'm by no means an expert but I would guess that it's probably not possible. I think that your biological mother would have to be closer related to an EEA national (so not through the fact that your stepmother is an EEA national) and/or would have to be (financially) dependent on your stepmother (and your father). Depending on what the goal is (simply visiting you or actually moving here), there are other ways for your biological mother to come to the UK though. However, I know very little about these other visas, so it might be best to ask a general question on the board and not on this thread (which actually also doesn't deal with family permits), if you haven't done so already.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

zeyad.ahmed10
Newly Registered

Post by zeyad.ahmed10 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:48 pm

I have missed a delivery from DX.. hopefully it is my RC..
I have posted my application on 06th of January.. enrolled my biometrics on 01st of February. and got my COA on 10th of February.. it has already been more than 6 months..
will update you guys when I receive my delivery tomorrow from DX.

zeyad.ahmed10
Newly Registered

Post by zeyad.ahmed10 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:18 pm

zeyad.ahmed10 wrote:I have missed a delivery from DX.. hopefully it is my RC..
I have posted my application on 06th of January.. enrolled my biometrics on 01st of February. and got my COA on 10th of February.. it has already been more than 6 months..
will update you guys when I receive my delivery tomorrow from DX.

Received my RC.. took almost 6 months 9 days... but really really happy.. will book a holiday and surprise my other half.. :) thanks everyone.. my timeline is on timeline thread.. Good luck to everyone

Nona1004
Newly Registered

Post by Nona1004 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:58 pm

Congratulations!
Hopefully that means that more people start getting their cards as well now. I feel like it's been very quiet the last couple of weeks.

zenani
Newly Registered

Post by zenani » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:31 pm

Hello house,
I am new here ,I have read every post on here regarding eea applications.
Please I need some advice, if you made some mistakes on your eeaqp how do you rectify it,.I omitted sending original letter from my employer.

2.Pls how do I ask that my ID be sent back.

Thank you.please someone help me.

amanda505
Newly Registered

Post by amanda505 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:45 am

yeeeeeeee wrote:
Thanks!

Hi yeeeeeeee
Have you by any chance received your RC yet? Since you applied on the 15th it's already been 6 months...
Thanks!

yeeeeeeee
Newly Registered

Post by yeeeeeeee » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:49 pm

amanda505 wrote:
yeeeeeeee wrote:
Thanks!

Hi yeeeeeeee
Have you by any chance received your RC yet? Since you applied on the 15th it's already been 6 months...
Thanks!
Not yet unfotunately, but I managed to get in contact with the Home Office and they told me they sent it last Monday, not sure why we haven't received anything yet...crossing fingers!

m_2006
Newly Registered

Post by m_2006 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:25 am

erlols wrote:Fiso4ka, thank you for your reply. I will try to find out if the current permit is enough to travel back to the UK.
Many thanx again.
Hi Erlols, thanks for your posts! Did you manage to find out if you can come back into UK without a new Family Permit if you leave?

Me (Belgium Passport Holder) and my wife (Indian Passport Holder) are also due to go to India in September, we applied for her residence card (EEA2) in April. While the application is under process, I have heard that we are able to come back into the UK even though her EEA Family Permit has expired. Let me know if you've managed to figure this out.

arya_uk

Post by arya_uk » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:59 am

Hello,

I have some queries in regard to return of docuemts, kindly do the needful advice,

I have applied for EEAFM RC on 13th April, 2016, EEA FP expired.

As we are supposed to travel to India on emergency, need to request for passport of myself and two year old daughter,

would like to know will our passport returned as EEA FP is expired?

And in return of documents online application form, is it myself the main applicant or my wife who is sponsor for me and daughter?

Any suggestions is appreciated.