ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarification needed please !!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sammy0114
Newly Registered

Clarification needed please !!!

Post by sammy0114 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:33 pm

Hi

I am so sorry to trouble you, I was wondering if I can have some guidance please. I am looking to apply for a spouse visa in the near future for my spouse in Pakistan and wanted some clarification on a few things.

I get the higher rate PIP care and mobility allowance so I know I am exempt from the financial requirement of 18.6k£

I also work 30 hours and get 13,500 a year after tax and NI i take home around £1028
I get £320 carers allowance
I have a motability car at the moment so my mobility allowance goes to them (does this allowance cost or not because its going to motability scheme)

I live at home with my family and pay no rent or bills etc.

I wanted to know will this be sufficient enough to apply for a spouse visa or will I need to be earning more. I know its just the maintenance allowance that I need to meet, however I want to ensure the UKBA don't refuse on the basis that I don't earn enough to support me and my wife

Also my father in into property development and has a house which he put on my name. He gets rent etc but it's cash and not through BACS. Would it be worth providing this or not ? as I don't currently live there yet

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Clarification needed please !!!

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:09 pm

If you are exempt you only need to prove adequate maintenance. See the link below.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 05533.html

Your father's income is irrelevant to your spouse visa application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sammy0114
Newly Registered

Post by sammy0114 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:14 pm

CR001 wrote:If you are exempt you only need to prove adequate maintenance. See the link below.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 05533.html

Your father's income is irrelevant to your spouse visa application.
Thank you - looks like i have enough money coming in and exceeds the maintenance amount by a lot. What I meant was that my dad has given me a house which I can have - however am not sure if I should include this in the application to show I'll have my own place - but I won't be living there for quite a while. Currently its been rented out.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:32 pm

If you don't live there, then it is not your 'address'. If where you live now has sufficient space and is not overcrowded, then it should be fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.