ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can refugee with ILR travel to home country pending BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sonya_adnan786
Newly Registered

Can refugee with ILR travel to home country pending BC

Post by Sonya_adnan786 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:13 pm

Good afternoon,

I am writing an email to enquire regarding the following questions below.

1.) I have sent my travel documents for renewal could you possibly tell me when I will receive them? As it has exceeded the following time limit shown.

2.) I was on a refugee status 5 years an I now have been granted my permanent residency ILR) will I be able to travel back to my country in Pakistan or will I have to wait for my BC?

3.) At the time of my asylum when it was approved by home office they asked me to handover my original Pakistani passport will I get that back if so when will that be after my British citizenship or when my travel documents arrive?

4.) which documents will I have to travel with because I don't have my original passport can I travel to Pakistan on UK travel documents

If you could please get back to me to solve these inquires it would be very helpful

Many thanks

Sonya_adnan786
Newly Registered

Re: Just been granted a settlement - can i apply naturalizat

Post by Sonya_adnan786 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:16 pm

Sonya_adnan786 wrote:Good afternoon,

I am writing an email to enquire regarding the following questions below.

1.) I have sent my travel documents for renewal could you possibly tell me when I will receive them? As it has exceeded the following time limit shown.

2.) I was on a refugee status 5 years an I now have been granted my permanent residency ILR) will I be able to travel back to my country in Pakistan or will I have to wait for my BC?

3.) At the time of my asylum when it was approved by home office they asked me to handover my original Pakistani passport will I get that back if so when will that be after my British citizenship or when my travel documents arrive?

4.) which documents will I have to travel with because I don't have my original passport can I travel to Pakistan on UK travel documents

If you could please get back to me to solve these inquires it would be very helpful

Many thanks
jamil05 wrote:Just been granted a settlement VISA.

The story is i have been here as an asylum seaker for 9 years and today home office has granted me a settlement VISA not as a refugee, but due to the length of time i have been in UK and also due to the fact that i have a family now here. On the visa there is this info:

type of permit = settlement
remarks = indefinite leave to remain

my question is can i apply for naturalization then citizenship without waiting for 1 year.

i have no travel restriction to any country. can i visit my original country without getting into trouble?

JohnnyZee

Re: Can refugee with ILR travel to home country pending BC

Post by JohnnyZee » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:49 pm

I would refer to the thread below. It may solve some of your queries.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 09419.html