ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payslips/Bank Statements & 28 days

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AK83
Newly Registered

Payslips/Bank Statements & 28 days

Post by AK83 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:08 pm

Hello everyone

The general thumb rule in relation to the Bank statements and the salary slips are that they should be covering the same time scales and should be no older than 28 days from the day of the online application.

In my case, I'll be applying online for my spouse on the 6th Aug (next day of my wedding in India). I'll leave UK on the 28th July. My bank statements are made available online on the 25th July and my salary credited and payslip made available to me on the 29th July. Since the payslips are made available online, I will get them stamped by the HR/Finance department. I'll also get my bank statements stamped by the bank as they are print outs.

So while I will be able to provide stamped bank statements less than 28 days before the application, it won't have the salary credited for the month of July. The latest payslip would also only be of June.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? Will this cause me a huge problem? Any suggestions?

-AK83

ILR1980
Pakistan

Re: Payslips/Bank Statements & 28 days

Post by ILR1980 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:32 pm

I dont know if i comprehend your question or long story completely but when we talk about rule then your most recent payslip and bank statement should not be older than 28 calendar days on the date of your online application and they recommend same for employer letter. Now you said it right that if payslips are not original then you should get letter from senior official on company headed paper to verify the authenticity of payslips and also stamp on each page of printed bank statements or letter from bank confirming the authenticity of these copy bank statement . Now you can decide it if your most recent payslip or bank statement is within 28 days

AK83
Newly Registered

Post by AK83 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:42 pm

Thanks ILR. Apologies for the long post. in short:

- Payslips are generated and credited to account on the 29th of July
- Bank statements generated on 25th July (won't show salary credit for July).
- I leave for India on the 28th July so won't be in UK to get my latest payslip signed by the employer.

The bank statement which I'll get on the 25th July would last show June's salary credit which more than 28 days from the date of application. So i thought I'll just ask if anyone else has been in a similar situation.

But you did answer my question in a way. This 28 day is an absolute requirement isn't it. I can't really convince the ECO so I have to find a way of getting the latest documents.

arunsk
United Kingdom

Post by arunsk » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:00 pm

Try to contact your bank and get the statement generation date changed so that it reflects your July salary also. I know it is possible with HSBC.
In your case if you ask them to change it to say 1st of every month, then a new statement gets generated on that day (for the period 25th July to 1st August) and the next will be on Sept 1st and so on. Of course there will be a delay in receiving those statements but you can ask someone in UK to post them back to you.

The question is whether you want to change this before the current statement is generated or after. I mean if you call now and make this change, would you get statement from 25th June to 1st August? customer care will be able to clarify. If you call after 25th July then definitely you get a statement for that period (25th July to 1st August).

I was in a similar situation and modified statement generation dates. Atleast in HSBC you can see them online which is the same as what you get through mail. In my case to be sure I also asked them to send a copy of it to a local branch (just in case if normal statement gets delayed).

I think if you are applying in August then as long as you provide payslips upto July and statements showing those payments then you are fine. I applied at the end of May and provided payslips and statements till April. Hope this helps.

AK83
Newly Registered

Post by AK83 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:30 pm

Thanks Arun. I did discuss with my bank. I'll use a similar option as you did.

Thanks for sharing your experience.