ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa & call/chat history

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sme01

spouse visa & call/chat history

Post by sme01 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:03 pm

I need to collect my call/chat history for spouse visa but having some difficulties, hope someone could advise.
i am in touch with my fiance almost last 2 years, we chat or talk on Skype almost everyday. i exported whats app chat history but the txt file i received contains only last 15 days history, 31st June to 14th July, i am not sure why.
Also this chat history is just a text file which can easily be edited, would this be acceptable as an evidence ? also can i produce whatsApp call history and how ?

I also talk on skype almost everyday, can get call history via skpeloger, would this be valid for visa ?
Thanks

sammy0114
Newly Registered

Re: spouse visa & call/chat history

Post by sammy0114 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:21 pm

it may be time consuming but you can try to maybe screen shot it ?? whatsapp now start to archive stuff after certain amount of times i noticed myself which sucks :/

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:07 pm

You can take screenshot of your skype calling history from laptop/desktop by using built in programme snipping tool. . Skype log history clearly mentioned the date sand duration of call and then you can put four screen shoot on A4 page and print colour copy so they will be able to read it clearly..same could be done with whatsapp/facebook/emails and any others electronic source of communication you had with your partner

sme01

Post by sme01 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:47 pm

Hi both
Thanks for your time, ILR1980 i cant see any call history on Skype winnow, tried to google it, only way i found was via skypelogview utility, i would prefer to take screenshot of skype window but unfortunately there is no previous call history appearing on Skype screen.

Also can anybody advise how to collect and present whatsapp call history.

Thanks

AK83
Newly Registered

Post by AK83 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:42 pm

If you go to Skype application and then chose the relevant contact from the left hand menu, you should be able to see the conversation history with them. If you keep scrolling further up, it'll keep displaying the older information as well.

Hope it helps.

John Green

Post by John Green » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:10 pm

This has been the subject of several other posts. Views differ and the UKVI says that it is up to the applicant to demonstrate the relationship is genuine. For myself, I've just included a quite small sample of Skype messages plus a few emails. This did the trick when my spouse applied for a visitor visa.

More important is how many times you actually visited the applicant. Skype calls, Facebook messages and emails are more easily faked. And don't demonstrate that the couple have actually met, and for how long. It is true that people can pay for flights and not take them, but show UKVI the tickets. But if you also include the stamps in your passport when you arrive and leave a country, what more can UKVI ask for and want?

So I am sure this is more relevant than swamping the immigration officer with hundreds of screenshots of calls, facebook messages, etc. which (if this was some sort of scam - which is why they are asking) are not that difficult to get and very cheap to organize. So quite easily discounted if that's the main source of supporting documentation on whether a genuine relationship exists. Real flights far less so.