ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

my consultant has a different veiw than yours

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jimpo
Newly Registered

my consultant has a different veiw than yours

Post by jimpo » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:19 am

in regard to my this post

I talked to my caseworker and he is saying a different story; he said i must need a local branch, physical representation, of my company in India. Then its address, phone numbers and management names etc including their tax return. only then i can be assessed against India Salary Band.

Is it true? I doubt it, because Offshore Employment is very popular nowadays. I live and work in India, My company has hired me as offshore. They have registered company in USA, they pay company tax, they have their company tax id, they can give me E-salary slips signed and stamped, i can provide my US office staff numbers etc.

Please shed some light on this.

thank you[/url]

Ranjanx

Post by Ranjanx » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:38 am

Hi Jimpo

I think I can see some sense in what the case worker is saying. Here's how I see it :
Your company is saving money by paying you dollars, may be lower than market and regulations.
You are saving by paying tax in India although earning in dollars because of some double taxation treaty between India and US.

However, the fact remains that you are an employee for a US registered company under a mutually beneficial legal arrangement.
But this arrangement does not take care of or binding for anyone else to treat you as an employee of an Indian company as there is no Indian company in the picture!

In other words, had there not been a double taxation treaty between India and US, you would have had to pay tax to both the countries and yet be representible as a US employee only.

So , count your blessings and dont ask for too much :)

Cheers

Ranjanx

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: my consultant has a different veiw than yours

Post by pantaiema » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:00 pm

Refer to my answer on the following link:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 587#137587
jimpo wrote:in regard to my this post

I talked to my caseworker and he is saying a different story; he said i must need a local branch, physical representation, of my company in India. Then its address, phone numbers and management names etc including their tax return. only then i can be assessed against India Salary Band.

Is it true? I doubt it, because Offshore Employment is very popular nowadays. I live and work in India, My company has hired me as offshore. They have registered company in USA, they pay company tax, they have their company tax id, they can give me E-salary slips signed and stamped, i can provide my US office staff numbers etc.

Please shed some light on this.

thank you[/url]
Pantaiema