ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Faux pas! Please help!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Pubali
Newly Registered

Re: Faux pas! Please help!

Post by Pubali » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:43 am

OK.

Yes - no point crying over spilt milk. But I've previously had very good experience with immigration and I truly find them fair (so far) so I keep my faith. :)

Thank you again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:36 pm

Nationality is NOT the same as immigration. Two very different sets of rules and laws.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

chrisologist
Newly Registered

Post by chrisologist » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:04 pm

Couldn't you just have not sent your biometrics? My understanding is that the application is then invalid and they refund you the fee minus a processing fee of £25?

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:13 am

If your application is refused you get £80 back - the fee for the ceremony which you won't be taking.

Since 18th March 2016 the AN fee is £1236 by the way :?

chrisologist
Newly Registered

Post by chrisologist » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:31 pm

Yes, all of that has been pointed out already.

What I'm saying is to just not submit the biometrics if there's been a mistake - then they will not process the application and refund him the fee (minus the £25)

Pubali
Newly Registered

Post by Pubali » Mon May 23, 2016 11:59 am

I want to confirm that my application has been rejected (as per rules - no surprises there) but I've also received correspondence saying that a request for refund of fees has been made on the system. As before this has reaffirmed my faith in the immigration system - it all seems very fair! To me anyway.

I'll let you know once I get the refund and meanwhile I'm reapplying on Wednesday using the NCS - so all should be fine this time round!

Have a good day everyone :)

Pubali
Newly Registered

Post by Pubali » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:52 pm

I want to give everyone some good news - my application fee of 925 GBP is being refunded.

It is as I believed, the system is fair - and I've never had any reason to moan and complain - or to believe those who think negatively about it!

I've since applied again, through NCS, should get my citizenship soon.

Good day everyone! :)

sanjaywakhare

Post by sanjaywakhare » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:38 pm

You are a person we all can learn something from. You make me believe in the law of attraction. Your case could be a great example of "The Power of Thinking Positive".

Good luck. Keep faith and the good will happen. It proves it in your case.

That's all. Nothing more to say.

Pubali
Newly Registered

Post by Pubali » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:53 am

Thanks!

The system's fair - I've always believed that.

Pubali
Newly Registered

Post by Pubali » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:21 pm

And now my second application has been successful and I've got 21 days to arrange for the citizenship ceremony - just got the letter through the post. All in all, a great experience, no hassles (except those caused by my own mistakes).

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:53 pm

Pubali wrote:And now my second application has been successful and I've got 21 days to arrange for the citizenship ceremony - just got the letter through the post. All in all, a great experience, no hassles (except those caused by my own mistakes).
Great news :)

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:02 pm

Patience, positivity and accepting what is (rather than wishing it were otherwise) wins the day.

Congratulations. I hope that you participate in the British way of life with the same positive attitude.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.