ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claming benifit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mraccount94
Newly Registered

Claming benifit

Post by mraccount94 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:53 pm

Hi there,
my questions is similar,
i have indefinite leave to remain 2 girls are British citizen by naturalisation, son born abroad and wife has spouse visa through my earning, our joint earning is about 14,000.00, my questions is if we apply for child benefit and working tax benefit our total earning would be around 24,000.00, would i fulfil financial requirement sections or not? if i get new contract in near future i can fulfil my earning requirement through employment income or can i use the 10,000 income to show that i am in receipt of benefit so now my total earning is 24,000.00?
your advice will be appreciated,

Regards

visi123
Newly Registered

Re: Claming benifit

Post by visi123 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:18 pm

I think you have to always meet the 18,600 requirement I am not sure. though they check only 6 months income for spouse visa, they might go back and check entire period of visa during extension or ILR.I am not sure. as far as your kids are concerned I don't think it will affect you because they are all British.

only expert people on this forum can answer.

regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:22 pm

mraccount94 wrote:Hi there,
my questions is similar,
i have indefinite leave to remain 2 girls are British citizen by naturalisation, son born abroad and wife has spouse visa through my earning, our joint earning is about 14,000.00, my questions is if we apply for child benefit and working tax benefit our total earning would be around 24,000.00, would i fulfil financial requirement sections or not? if i get new contract in near future i can fulfil my earning requirement through employment income or can i use the 10,000 income to show that i am in receipt of benefit so now my total earning is 24,000.00?
your advice will be appreciated,

Regards
I have split your post to its own topic. It is considered rude to tag onto another members thread as it creates confusion when members respond.

You cannot use benefits to fulfill the income requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mraccount94
Newly Registered

Post by mraccount94 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:32 pm

Dear Sirs,
My apologies, sorry about that,
in terms of claiming the child benefit and working tax credit, do i eligible for this as me and wife current earning is about 14000.00 a year would this effect her visa as she is my dependent?
and what visa category do we have to apply after 2.5 years? will this be flr m or some other category?

many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:37 pm

Child benefit in YOUR name ONLY.

Tax Credits in JOINT names with your wife.

No effect on her visa but you will have to find a job that pays £18,600pa for her to qualify for a spouse visa extension on FLR(M).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mraccount94
Newly Registered

Post by mraccount94 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:45 pm

Thank you very much for this answer,
finally if our combined earning is £22400,00 with one child would we still get this Child credit and WTC?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:47 pm

You will get child benefit and possibly child tax credits. You will have to check you eligibility on the benefit calculator.

https://www.turn2us.org.uk/

Select you are British to do it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mraccount94
Newly Registered

Post by mraccount94 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:39 pm

Thank you sir,
if i have any questions, i will let you know.

have a good day.

Regards

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:44 pm

Assumption that all those offering advice are male. :wink:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mraccount94
Newly Registered

Post by mraccount94 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:28 am

you are right, yes i am the main applicant and my wife is on spouse visa, hopefully i will the job to fulfil the financial requirement, however i have to show £22400.00 for my wife and son born abroad or shall i have to show just 18600 for my wife, really confused now. and if so will i eligible to have the Child benefit AND WTC, could you please let me know?

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:39 am

CR001 wrote:Child benefit in YOUR name ONLY.

Tax Credits in JOINT names with your wife.

No effect on her visa but you will have to find a job that pays £18,600pa for her to qualify for a spouse visa extension on FLR(M).
For spouse and child born abroad, you need to meet the £22,400pa income requirement and you cannot use benefits to make up this amount.

You can claim benefits as I have already advised.

Suggest you do the process on the benefit calculator, link I have already provided, as we cannot guess your circumstances and what you might qualify for.
CR001 wrote:You will get child benefit and possibly child tax credits. You will have to check you eligibility on the benefit calculator.

https://www.turn2us.org.uk/

Select you are British to do it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)