ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP place of birth effects ILR?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rocklee
Newly Registered

BRP place of birth effects ILR?

Post by rocklee » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:48 pm

Hi,

I was oversea applicant for Tier 2 visa and 3 days back I collected my BRP once I came to UK. In my BRP, for the place of birth, instead of Kollegal Karnataka, they have printed only Kollegal Karata (without ka in the end). I know it is due to character limitation. But, does it create any problem for the future during renewing my Tier 2 visa further or for ILR?

Also,
I saw old posts (of 2013 or 14) of similar cases like this but no update after they applied for correction. If anyone was in similar situation recently or faced issue during ILR because of this. Please comment as well.

Regards,

vinny

Re: BRP place of birth effects ILR?

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:21 pm

The number of characters available for the place of birth field may be limited. However, do report it.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rocklee
Newly Registered

Post by rocklee » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:40 pm

Thanks for the reply. I looked at the report option. In that it doesn't give option to explain the error. It just asks for correct place of birth and then BRP details.
Does the BRPError@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk email is still a valid? so I can explain to them.

Thanks,

anybody facing/faced similar issue please comment.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:47 pm

Just put down the correct place of birth. They should be able to compare it to what is currently on the card?

Try the email too if you want.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.