ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family applying for PR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dukemax
Newly Registered

EEA family applying for PR

Post by dukemax » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:17 pm

Hi,

First of all, a big well done to everyone who contributes to this forum, it's an invaluable source of information for many of us. I've been reading countless threads the last few days!

I'm an EEA national (not A8), with EEA spouse and 2 children. We've been in the UK for nearly 5 years and I'm starting to prepare the documents I need to send to HO with my application for PR. I've been in full time employment with the same employer since I moved here so it should be straightforward to prove the continuous 5 year period of employment (for that I can send them all 60 payslips, 5 P60s and a ton of bank statements, tenancy agreements covering the full 5 year period, utility bills etc.)

1. I assume the documents listed above (+ my passport) will be enough to prove I've been in the UK as a qualified person, do I need to send them anything more than these?
2. My spouse (been married for >10 years) took on the care of the family and has never worked in the UK. Since we can't prove that she has been exercising treaty rights herself, I assume it's best for her to be in the application as a family member. From what I've seen it seems to be enough to only send her passport and a (translated) marriage certificate to prove we're married for her to be granted PR is this correct? If it helps, I can send several documents that prove we've been living together (GP letters, insurance certificates with both our names, the tenancy agreements etc.).
3. Child 1 was born abroad and moved with us 5 years ago. Apart from the passport, a translated birth certificate and letters from the schools he's been to confirming the periods he's been at each school, do I need to include anything further, like letters from GP/hospitals to prove he's been living with us?
4. Child 2 was born in the UK and is not BC yet. Do I need to include him as a family member in the PR application? From what I've seen, once the parents obtain PR a child that was born in the UK can be registered as BC with form MN1, so I think there's no need for child 2 to be even mentioned in the form. Is my assumption correct?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

noajthan

Re: EEA family applying for PR

Post by noajthan » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:42 pm

dukemax wrote:Hi,

First of all, a big well done to everyone who contributes to this forum, it's an invaluable source of information for many of us. I've been reading countless threads the last few days!

I'm an EEA national (not A8), with EEA spouse and 2 children. We've been in the UK for nearly 5 years and I'm starting to prepare the documents I need to send to HO with my application for PR. I've been in full time employment with the same employer since I moved here so it should be straightforward to prove the continuous 5 year period of employment (for that I can send them all 60 payslips, 5 P60s and a ton of bank statements, tenancy agreements covering the full 5 year period, utility bills etc.)

1. I assume the documents listed above (+ my passport) will be enough to prove I've been in the UK as a qualified person, do I need to send them anything more than these?
2. My spouse (been married for >10 years) took on the care of the family and has never worked in the UK. Since we can't prove that she has been exercising treaty rights herself, I assume it's best for her to be in the application as a family member. From what I've seen it seems to be enough to only send her passport and a (translated) marriage certificate to prove we're married for her to be granted PR is this correct? If it helps, I can send several documents that prove we've been living together (GP letters, insurance certificates with both our names, the tenancy agreements etc.).
3. Child 1 was born abroad and moved with us 5 years ago. Apart from the passport, a translated birth certificate and letters from the schools he's been to confirming the periods he's been at each school, do I need to include anything further, like letters from GP/hospitals to prove he's been living with us?
4. Child 2 was born in the UK and is not BC yet. Do I need to include him as a family member in the PR application? From what I've seen, once the parents obtain PR a child that was born in the UK can be registered as BC with form MN1, so I think there's no need for child 2 to be even mentioned in the form. Is my assumption correct?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
1) Letter from employer would be an asset too.

If you have enjoyed absences from UK you may need associated evidence.

2) Yes, wife is direct family member/dependent.
As well as identity and relationship, you have to prove wife's residence in UK too, during same qualifying period as yours.

If wife has enjoyed absences from UK you may need associated evidence.

3) Yes, anything else proving residence would help.

If child has enjoyed absences from UK you may need associated evidence.

4) No. Yes.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

dukemax
Newly Registered

Post by dukemax » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:39 pm

Thanks noajthan!

There haven't been any long absences apart from some holidays (no more than 2-3 weeks each year). I have all the departure and return dates for each of those absences and will list them in the relevant section, will I need to provide any further evidence apart from this?

And 1 more question. Back in the early 00's I lived in the UK for a year as a student and when finished I went back to my country and stayed there for 8-9 years before coming back in 2011 to work. Should I put that as my first arrival and mention the gap of those 8-9 years or should I put the date in 2011 when I returned with the intention to live permanently?

Thanks again

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:44 pm

dukemax wrote:Thanks noajthan!

There haven't been any long absences apart from some holidays (no more than 2-3 weeks each year). I have all the departure and return dates for each of those absences and will list them in the relevant section, will I need to provide any further evidence apart from this?

And 1 more question. Back in the early 00's I lived in the UK for a year as a student and when finished I went back to my country and stayed there for 8-9 years before coming back in 2011 to work. Should I put that as my first arrival and mention the gap of those 8-9 years or should I put the date in 2011 when I returned with the intention to live permanently?

Thanks again
My understanding is that listing the (approx) trip dates will help confirm continuity of residence has bee maintained.
Just proof of residence is required rather than proof of absence.

It appears your date of entry in this context was 2011.
Good luck.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.