ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Combining two employment jobs

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

telecity
Newly Registered

Combining two employment jobs

Post by telecity » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:30 am

Hi Looking for the advice from all senior members & advisers.

I work with a IT company from couple of years and at the same time i took the second job in another firm as my hours are flexible and allowing me to do so and Second job was started in June 2016.

Can i combine both jobs earnings to satisfy the income threshold of £9300 as per 6 months requirement ?

Both jobs are non salaried.

Please advice

ILR1980
Pakistan

Re: Combining two employment jobs

Post by ILR1980 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:34 am

You can combine two employment under CAT A if you are with boht employers for at least 6 months prior to application

telecity
Newly Registered

Post by telecity » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:07 am

ILR1980 wrote:You can combine two employment under CAT A if you are with boht employers for at least 6 months prior to application

Otherwise do I have to count towards 12 months combining both earnings ?

As a non salaried employed how about if you been with the employer from 6 months but didn't work first 2 months and got worked and paid the remaining 4 months with the second employer ?

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:18 am

telecity wrote:
ILR1980 wrote:You can combine two employment under CAT A if you are with boht employers for at least 6 months prior to application

As a non salaried employed how about if you been with the employer from 6 months but didn't work first 2 months and got worked and paid the remaining 4 months with the second employer ?
Under CAT A last 6 months matter i.e last 6 months payslips and bank statement and they will calculate your annual gross annual salary based on that..

You said you started second job in june 2016 so if you want this job to be count then you should have been with employer for at least 6 months. It could b zero hour contract where you may get nothing in some months but you need a employer letter and contract stating the nature of your contract and when started etc

You simply add up last 6 months earning, divide by 6 and multiply with 12. Same calculation for second job and then you can add annual gross salary from boht job to see whether you meet the requirement

telecity
Newly Registered

Post by telecity » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:54 pm

Under CAT A last 6 months matter i.e last 6 months payslips and bank statement and they will calculate your annual gross annual salary based on that..

You said you started second job in june 2016 so if you want this job to be count then you should have been with employer for at least 6 months. It could b zero hour contract where you may get nothing in some months but you need a employer letter and contract stating the nature of your contract and when started etc

You simply add up last 6 months earning, divide by 6 and multiply with 12. Same calculation for second job and then you can add annual gross salary from boht job to see whether you meet the requirement

Here are some calculations please correct me if it it wrong.

Based on first job at the time of application my Gross 6 month earnings are £8000, Based on the second job my gross will be £2700.

First job : 8000 ÷ 6 x 100 = £16000

Second Job: 2700 ÷ 6 x 100 = £5400

Annual Gross in that case will be : £21400

Please guide if that above calculations are correct, I spoke to my second employer and he is happily willing to give me letter that i started my job 6 months prior to application and that confirming i am on zero hour contract.

Thanks

telecity
Newly Registered

Post by telecity » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:28 pm

Dear experts please make comments on the above calculations.

Sorry my mistake that's suppose to be the following:

First job : £8000 ÷ 6 x 112 = £16000

Second Job: £2700 ÷ 6 x 12 = £5400

Thanks

telecity
Newly Registered

Post by telecity » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:25 pm

telecity wrote:

Here are some calculations please correct me if it it wrong.

Based on first job at the time of application my Gross 6 month earnings are £8000, Based on the second job my gross will be £2700.

First job : 8000 ÷ 6 x 100 = £16000

Second Job: 2700 ÷ 6 x 100 = £5400

Annual Gross in that case will be : £21400

Please guide if that above calculations are correct, I spoke to my second employer and he is happily willing to give me letter that i started my job 6 months prior to application and that confirming i am on zero hour contract.

Thanks

Please experts advice on the above calculation and zero hour contract on second job and only worked 3 months out of 6 and which also fulfill the threshold accompanied a letter from employer.

Please guide.

Tahnsk

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:38 am

telecity wrote: Please experts advice on the above calculation and zero hour contract on second job and only worked 3 months out of 6 and which also fulfill the threshold accompanied a letter from employer.

Please guide.

Tahnsk
annual gross salary from job A : 8000 ÷ 6 x 12 = £16000

annual gross salary from job B: 2700 ÷ 6 x 12 = £5400

Total annual gross earning= Job A + Job B= £16000+£5400= £21,400

telecity
Newly Registered

Post by telecity » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:04 am

ILR1980 wrote:
telecity wrote: Please experts advice on the above calculation and zero hour contract on second job and only worked 3 months out of 6 and which also fulfill the threshold accompanied a letter from employer.

Please guide.

Tahnsk
annual gross salary from job A : 8000 ÷ 6 x 12 = £16000

annual gross salary from job B: 2700 ÷ 6 x 12 = £5400

Total annual gross earning= Job A + Job B= £16000+£5400= £21,400
So that gonna be ok despite mentioned i have worked 3 months from 2nd job in 6 months time but satisfying the income requirement from both jobs ?

Please confirm

Thanks

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:32 pm

But you are using calculations for six months when you will only have documentation for three months for the second job... if I am reading correctly. Although your employer is happy to state you have been employed for the last six months, you won't have any bank statements/payslips confirming this which is exactly why the Home Office request all these things.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:05 pm

telecity wrote:
So that gonna be ok despite mentioned i have worked 3 months from 2nd job in 6 months time but satisfying the income requirement from both jobs ?

Please confirm

Thanks
lol how many times i need to confirm this? Hope you are not cheating them and is genuinely with employer for at least 6 months

I already said that they ask you to be with employer for at least 6 months when apply under CAT A non salaried. When you are on zero hour contract then surely you might have zero earning in few months thats why they calculate your average monthly salary based on last 6 months earning and multiply with 12
Last edited by ILR1980 on Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:09 pm

SoHopeful wrote:But you are using calculations for six months when you will only have documentation for three months for the second job... if I am reading correctly. Although your employer is happy to state you have been employed for the last six months, you won't have any bank statements/payslips confirming this which is exactly why the Home Office request all these things.
When you are working on zero hour contract then there is no guarantee of number of hours and if you get zero hour work then pay will be zero as well

telecity
Newly Registered

Post by telecity » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:22 am

lol how many times i need to confirm this? Hope you are not cheating them and is genuinely with employer for at least 6 months

I already said that they ask you to be with employer for at least 6 months when apply under CAT A non salaried. When you are on zero hour contract then surely you might have zero earning in few months thats why they calculate your average monthly salary based on last 6 months earning and multiply with 12

Hahahaha not at all its just i am worried about her visa and only confusion was i worked 3 months out of six from job 2 and that's why i was making sure again and again.

Many thanks