ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FM ROD but no confirmation received

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gmgmgm
Newly Registered

EEA FM ROD but no confirmation received

Post by gmgmgm » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:53 am

Hi there,

I recently submitted an EEA (FM) application and, after receiving the COA, I requested the passports and BRP to be sent back to me. As suggested in this forum, I used the online form. However, I did not receive any confirmation email. Should I be worried?

Cheers
Gabriel

noajthan

Re: EEA FM ROD but no confirmation received

Post by noajthan » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:30 am

To avoid confusion & jumbled responses, I have moved your question to its own thread (this one).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

maksalty
Newly Registered

Post by maksalty » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:20 pm

Hi,

Yes, I would assume that you have to be worried. I submitted ROD back on 24th of June via online form. Nothing was to hear after 10 days, so I submitted another form to escalate my request and I submitted another form just in case.
Oh, by the way, I sent about four email to different departments in Liverpool as well as general enquiries and managed to call them 3 times. And....Nothing at all. As of now, after 3 weeks wait, I don't know if my request has been logged and pending at all. I don't know where my passport is and I don't know what to do as my important travel to Europe is booked for the end of the next week.

Hope you'll get more lucky on this one.

sannna
Newly Registered

Post by sannna » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:36 am

Hi,

We have also requested passports back 29 June - nothing! No confirmation email, no passports. We submitted a progress request a week ago and yesterday. I think this is so inhumane, the HO treating us like animals. And the help line is really unhelpful.

sannna
Newly Registered

Post by sannna » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:08 pm

Adjustment to my previous post. We received our passports today 19 July (1st requested 29 July, progress request 12 July & 18 July). We didn't get any confirmation emails so I wouldn't be too worried about that. Seems that the returns currently take them around 3 full weeks. Good luck!!

arya_uk
Portugal

Post by arya_uk » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:37 pm

sannna wrote:Adjustment to my previous post. We received our passports today 19 July (1st requested 29 July, progress request 12 July & 18 July). We didn't get any confirmation emails so I wouldn't be too worried about that. Seems that the returns currently take them around 3 full weeks. Good luck!!
Hi Sanna,

Thank you for the update.

Even I have submitted the applciation for ROD, would like to know, will it sent by Royal mail or private courier.

Looking forward,

sannna
Newly Registered

Post by sannna » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:53 pm

arya_uk wrote:
sannna wrote:Adjustment to my previous post. We received our passports today 19 July (1st requested 29 July, progress request 12 July & 18 July). We didn't get any confirmation emails so I wouldn't be too worried about that. Seems that the returns currently take them around 3 full weeks. Good luck!!
Hi Sanna,

Even I have submitted the applciation for ROD, would like to know, will it sent by Royal mail or private courier.

Looking forward,
It came as a Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm. Luckily I was home to sign it, otherwise they would have had to try to deliver it again. We attached a pre-paid Royal Mail envelope to the original application but they didn't use that one. The letter inside was dated 17 July (which is a Sunday...) Hope helps :)

arya_uk
Portugal

Post by arya_uk » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:36 pm

sannna wrote:
arya_uk wrote:
Hi Sanna,

Looking forward,
It came as a Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm. Luckily I was home to sign it, otherwise they would have had to try to deliver it again. We attached a pre-paid Royal Mail envelope to the original application but they didn't use that one. The letter inside was dated 17 July (which is a Sunday...) Hope helps :)
Thank you, it will help a lot, as we are in the process of changin the house.

gmgmgm
Newly Registered

Post by gmgmgm » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:42 pm

Oh, by the way, I sent about four email to different departments in Liverpool as well as general enquiries and managed to call them 3 times.
The 10 working days deadline is approaching, who did you write to in Liverpool? I have sent my application to Durham... Which phone number did you call? I think that I will probably submit another request soon. I need the passports back by the second week of August for travelling, I hope I can make it.

Patrickuche
Newly Registered

Post by Patrickuche » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:46 pm

I also have a problem I think...I submitted my EEA2 application residence permit on July 4th via postal order, I tracked it and it was received in Durham ...up till now I haven't heard from them...I haven't been sent any form of letter to go for biometrics or received any COA and it's been three weeks now ...should I be worried? Should I give them a call?

gmgmgm
Newly Registered

Post by gmgmgm » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:13 pm

Hi there,

Today is the 15th working day since me and my wife requested the passports. I have submitted the "documents not received form" twice: last Friday and today. Moreover, I have sent an email to rodrequestsect@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and liverpooleuro.passportreturns@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. The second address sent me an automatic reply saying that my email will be deleted... I really hope we will receive the passports next week. How can I get my MP involved?

Cheers
Gabriel

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:55 pm

gmgmgm wrote:Hi there,

I really hope we will receive the passports next week. How can I get my MP involved?

Cheers
Gabriel
See http://www.parliament.uk/get-involved/contact-your-mp/
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

gmgmgm
Newly Registered

Post by gmgmgm » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:37 pm

Hi there,

today we received the documents we requested (both EEA and non-EEA national passports and my BRP). I submitted two progress reports on 30/07/2016 and 07/08/2016. We also contacted the HO via email on 05/08/2016 and asked the local MP to intervene on 10/08/2016. I don't know if it helped our case but we attached a pre-paid envelope to our application for having the passports returned and being able to track them (they used that envelope).

Cheers
Gabriel