ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VISA Application mess!! Help!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Edd211
Newly Registered

VISA Application mess!! Help!

Post by Edd211 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:17 pm

My Fiancee applied for a Fiancee Visa a few days ago, but when she showed me a scan of the completed application that She printed out, I noticed a mistake - She had got the year of my first marriage wrong, it was a typo on her part, But how can we correct this? When they see my Divorce cert and realise the year I got married is different I worry that this may be a reason for refusal! Can we cancel the application and do it again?!!

HELP!! PLEASE!!!

paulp
Diamond Member

Re: VISA Application mess!! Help!

Post by paulp » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:42 pm

It's a typo on the year. Which BHC was it? Is there anyway to contact them, in person or by phone?

Edd211
Newly Registered

Post by Edd211 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:49 am

It is Kiev, Ukraine. So maybe I should just try and contact them and tell them about the error? I can't believe we made such a simple, but crucial mistake :( I will be in Kiev with her again in two weeks time, so maybe we could pay a visit to the VAC and try and sort it out.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:55 pm

She can send a fax or tell them at interview. Shouldn't be a big deal.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

Edd211
Newly Registered

Post by Edd211 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:20 pm

I read somewhere that once an application is submitted online, if it is not completed by booking the appointment to visit the VAC within one month it will be deleted from the system, does anyone know it this is true? If it is it will solve all of our problems :D

Also, now we are considering getting married in Ukraine and then applying for a spouse Visa instead, so the Fiancee Visa application that we submitted online would definately not be appropriate,

Thanks in Advance,

Edd