ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT -> T2 General on a high earner salary

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sparks10
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT -> T2 General on a high earner salary

Post by sparks10 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:12 pm

Hello,

I am currently in the UK on T2 ICT Long term staff visa (granted Feb 2012 and expiring Feb 2017).
To extend my stay in country, a company has offered me the high earner salary £155k+ so that I can convert to T2G in-country and work for them.

Today, I was told that the high earning threshold will be lowered to £120k from April 2017.
They said that possibly my salary will be adjusted downwards a bit (so expecting to be in 120k - 130k bracket).

It is still ok for me as I can start on the ILR route with the T2G visa quickly...but would I need to apply from outside UK? Please advice.
Also please can you advice if the salary reduction may have any adverse impact on my ILR application when I am eligible?

Thanks a lot!!!

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: Tier 2 ICT -> T2 General on a high earner salary

Post by poper » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:38 pm

Hi mate

I think your Tier 2 General application will need to be made in your home country

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 4_2016.pdf

Read Note 1 under Point 15. It categorically says a switch is not possible. This means, your application will need to be a fresh entry clearance from outside the UK-

Please note that Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Long Term Staff granted entry clearance under the rules in place after
6 April 2011 cannot switch into Tier 2 (General).
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

sparks10
Newly Registered

Post by sparks10 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:50 am

Thanks Poper for your reply, really helped to confirm that I would need to return back to home country and reapply for T2G.

So the most probable scenario playing out in my mind:

- current ICT expires 3rd Feb 2017
- exit UK and return to home country
- wait till 6th April 2017 for the £120,000 rule to be operational
- make new application from Home for T2G entry after 6th April 2017 (as high salary CoS will remove the 12 month cool-off restrictions)

Any problem you would see in this??

Thanks!!!

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:24 pm

sparks10 wrote:Thanks Poper for your reply, really helped to confirm that I would need to return back to home country and reapply for T2G.

So the most probable scenario playing out in my mind:

- current ICT expires 3rd Feb 2017
- exit UK and return to home country
- wait till 6th April 2017 for the £120,000 rule to be operational
- make new application from Home for T2G entry after 6th April 2017 (as high salary CoS will remove the 12 month cool-off restrictions)
Please be clear on this point. It appears like you/your company have misunderstood this. The lowering of High Earners salary appears to be for Tier2 ICT extension > 5 years. The Tier2 General High Earner Salary could still remain as £155,300. Seniors can comment on this

http://www.parliament.uk/business/publi ... 4/HCWS660/

To provide some further flexibility within the streamlined intra-company transfer category, we shall lower the minimum salary threshold for intra-company transferees working in the UK for between five and nine years from £155,300 to £120,000. We will also remove the one year experience requirement for all applications where the worker is paid over £73,900. These changes will take effect from April 2017.

Any problem you would see in this??

Thanks!!!
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

makeithappen
Newly Registered

Post by makeithappen » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:11 pm

Spark10, what is your status now, were to able to find a suitable solution as I am in the same situation today?