ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Varying to ILR Urgent help needed.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

psw2009
Member of Standing

Re: Varying to ILR Urgent help needed.

Post by psw2009 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:25 pm

zidane wrote:Any progress with requesting documents to the appointment centre ?
They have not received passport so officer said he can not make decision. I received only acknowledgement letter saying your application is valid but there are further enquiries to made.

zidane

Post by zidane » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:38 pm

Thanks for getting back to me psw2009 ,
well thr timing must have played part. But all in all it seems like a good news isnt that a form of an approval.

Could you please explain what happend on the day in a bit detail and what you advise from your experince today, will help me prepare.

Thanks for getting back that quick .. did you vary you application by informing the caseworker and wroting out a cover letter.??

psw2009
Member of Standing

Post by psw2009 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:44 pm

It is too early to say if it is good news because case worker have not mentioned anything but just standard response. I do not know how long it will take him to get the passport and make decision on the application so just have to wait....

Regarding passport my previous application was not yet live on the system so probably this is the reason passport has not reached them but I am not sure. Have you requested your passport to be sent to Sheffield?

Yes I did put a cover letter to say that I want to vary my application and requested refund for previous application.

It is very straightforward, you will clear the security and Security will show you the way to next step where you handover your documents and you will be issued ticket to wait in the waiting area where you will be called for finger prints.... and photo.

Any question please feel free to ask..
Remember to take 2 recent photos as well, they have photo both as well but just to avoid rushing...
you can go to your appointment as early as you want so better to go early to avoid reaching later than appointment time.....

zidane

Post by zidane » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:59 pm

thanks for the info psw 2009
Well I haven't requested passports from home office to be sent to Sheffield yet as i was waiting to see how it turns out with you , Your application wasn't live ? does that mean that the time between fl o and set Lr was very short and hence the request was unsuccessful ?? Did the caseworker told you this i.e your application is not live??

Do you advise me to request passport ? if i do tomorrow will they be there on the 19th ?

However, I do have a colour print out of every page of my current passport

Did the caseworker ask you to submit further information ? did they state the REASON why they couldn't make the decision today , was it "we don't have your passport to give a decision " if yes mainly this constitutes acceptance.

Thanks

psw2009
Member of Standing

Post by psw2009 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:31 pm

zidane wrote:thanks for the info psw 2009
Well I haven't requested passports from home office to be sent to Sheffield yet as i was waiting to see how it turns out with you , Your application wasn't live ? does that mean that the time between fl o and set Lr was very short and hence the request was unsuccessful ?? Did the caseworker told you this i.e your application is not live??
No, on the letter It says your application is valid, the reason caseworker mention that application is not live because he said he does not know where my passport is because application has not be put on live system.

Do you advise me to request passport ? if i do tomorrow will they be there on the 19th ?
Have you received any letter from HO for your current application? do you have case id? the reason I am asking because it my be quicker for them to send your passport to Sheffield if there is case id allocated and case is live....

However, I do have a colour print out of every page of my current passport

Did the caseworker ask you to submit further information ? did they state the REASON why they couldn't make the decision today , was it "we don't have your passport to give a decision " if yes mainly this constitutes acceptance.
I hope so, yes it was just "we don't have your passport to give a decision"

Thanks
Your are welcome.

zidane

Post by zidane » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:40 pm

Dear Psw2009 , many thanks

Yes i have a case flr o running on 3rd month gave my bio metrics last week and have a case reference number assigned in the acknowledgment letter.

psw2009
Member of Standing

Post by psw2009 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:56 pm

zidane wrote:Dear Psw2009 , many thanks

Yes i have a case flr o running on 3rd month gave my bio metrics last week and have a case reference number assigned in the acknowledgment letter.
in this case I think there are chances that they will be able to send passport to Sheffield or maybe Sheffield already have your passport, if Sheffield address is on the bio letter.

It has not worked for me so I am not fully in position to give you 100% advise, but you have nothing to lose if you send request and do not get panic about it so much. I have a feeling that it depends on the case worker maybe passport is in the same building but with different department so they may want it to go through standard set procedure of requesting through live system and awaiting response, instead of calling other department and requesting.... but I do not blame them due to the volume of applications etc....

zidane

Post by zidane » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:21 pm

dear psw2009,

Yes the initial application was sent to Sheffield and the letter for bio metrics also came from Sheffield , the first part of the post code being the same , so i reckon its in the close vicinity of where the appointment center is. I shall request it tomorrow. It was just that online form that we need to fill in right and nothing else ?

Also did you have a dependent on the flr O , and were you asked about them at the centre ?
Many thanks

psw2009
Member of Standing

Post by psw2009 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:14 pm

Probably you passport is with Sheffield then, A Senior member can confirm this.

I submitted online form and also wrote letter by post.

No I did not had dependents on previous application.

zidane

Post by zidane » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:18 pm

Brilliant, Many thanks

keep us posted and so will I .. Best of luck ..

If a senior member can advise of the fact that i can request passports to Sheffield within a couple of days and whether its a sound thing to do in my situation..

psw2009
Member of Standing

Post by psw2009 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:32 pm

zidane wrote:Brilliant, Many thanks

keep us posted and so will I .. Best of luck ..

If a senior member can advise of the fact that i can request passports to Sheffield within a couple of days and whether its a sound thing to do in my situation..
You are welcome,

will do.
Thank you.
I pray all work ok for you.

zidane

Post by zidane » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:03 pm

Pray the same for you brother. also can you please quickly run me through any documents that you took along in addition to what are normally required (Liuk,English).
Thanks

psw2009
Member of Standing

Post by psw2009 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:14 pm

zidane wrote:Pray the same for you brother. also can you please quickly run me through any documents that you took along in addition to what are normally required (Liuk,English).
Thanks
I think that's all you need and you need old passports. I did not took any pay slips, bank statement etc

zidane

Post by zidane » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:56 pm

thanks , will keep you posted

Singh21

Post by Singh21 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:47 pm

Hello Everyone

Hope you all well.
I would like to ask your help as I am in similar situation. I am planning to vary my application on 9th August.
Second FLR FP to SET LR

I first came to UK on 4th Sep 2006 (tier 4, psw, tier 2, FLR FP , everything was fine until 25 May 2016)
FLR FP refused on 25 May 2016 (short of 2 months 13 days)
Second FLR FP applied within 28 days on 21st June 2016
So far no bio received and 3weeks to go to vary application.

My second FLR FP is out of time application. I am not sure what would be the outcome at the time of PEO appointment.

My question is
1. Do I need to mention about my first refusal on covering letter.
2. Do I need to mention on cover letter, if case worker should consider to exercise discretion.

It would be really appreciated if I can get some valuable advise.
Many thanks

psw2009
Member of Standing

Post by psw2009 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:32 pm

No to both of your questions

You have applied within 28 days there should not be any problem Plz also confirm with senior members

r984b
Newly Registered

Post by r984b » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:45 pm

Dear,

My initial ILR application was refused on 14 July 2016 and received the decision on 18 July 2016. I have got right of appeal to make after 14 days after I was sent the decision. I came to the UK on 29 August 2016. Can I go for SET(LR) using premium service on 1st August as 28 days before complete 10 years? Or I need to wait until 28th August 2016 after lodging an appeal and withdraw the appeal?

Do I need to have valid visa or Section 3C leave to apply for SET(LR) before it is complete 10 years?

psw2009
Member of Standing

Post by psw2009 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:55 pm

Why your Initial ILR refused? HO refusal letter should say when you are require to leave Uk does it come to 1st Aug?

You will be good to go on 1st Aug

Plz also seek seniors view

psw2009
Member of Standing

Post by psw2009 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:37 pm

zidane wrote:thanks , will keep you posted
Did your passport reached to Sheffield?

zidane

Post by zidane » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:09 am

Hello ,

i did not request for passports to go sheffield.
but i was granted ilr today .and the caseworker pulled out my passport from within thr building and was given approval same day , card will arrive in 7 working days In sha allah .
thanks for your support and Thanks to Allah for All his help without which nothing is possible.

will be happy to answer any questions.

psw2009 u shall recieve urs shortly God willing..

psw2009
Member of Standing

Post by psw2009 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:14 am

zidane wrote:Hello ,

i did not request for passports to go sheffield.
but i was granted ilr today .and the caseworker pulled out my passport from within thr building and was given approval same day , card will arrive in 7 working days In sha allah .
thanks for your support and Thanks to Allah for All his help without which nothing is possible.

will be happy to answer any questions.

psw2009 u shall recieve urs shortly God willing..
MashaAllah , congratulations

psw2009
Member of Standing

Post by psw2009 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:20 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have receive letter from Home office saying 'you have requested leave to remain outside the Immigration rules which are complex' so it will take longer to decide application.

Case ID on the letter is different to the case ID I was issued on the day of appointment so I am not sure what is going on.....

Your help and advise in this regard would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot

zidane

Post by zidane » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:17 pm

psw2009 wrote:Hi Everyone,

I have receive letter from Home office saying 'you have requested leave to remain outside the Immigration rules which are complex' so it will take longer to decide application.

Case ID on the letter is different to the case ID I was issued on the day of appointment so I am not sure what is going on.....

Thanks a lot

Nothing to worry about. i believe thats from the flr application which you have just varied. can you see the date on the letter . is it before the variation or after in your case 12th of july.

psw2009
Member of Standing

Post by psw2009 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:56 pm

zidane wrote:

Thanks a lot

Nothing to worry about. i believe thats from the flr application which you have just varied. can you see the date on the letter . is it before the variation or after in your case 12th of july.
Thank you for response

Yes Bro it is dated 2 days after the appointment.

saj626
United Kingdom

Post by saj626 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:13 pm

psw2009 wrote:
zidane wrote:

Thanks a lot

Thank you for response

Yes Bro it is dated 2 days after the appointment.
Mr Psw don't worry

When I varied my FLRO to set LR I received FLRO confirmation after I varied my application so don't worry.

It's normal