ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) English language requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NemesisDude
Newly Registered

FLR (M) English language requirement

Post by NemesisDude » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:26 am

In initial application we provided Original Degree certificate and Original Mark sheets (Indian University), it worked fine. Now we are applying for FLR (M) Extension (for 2.5 years) and was wondering what proof is needed to prove English language requirement.

1. Since FLR (M) is extension of original approval, submitting only original degree certificate and mark sheets again would suffice?

2. From link below:
https://www.gov.uk/english-language/degrees-in-english

Do we need both certificate from UK NARIC and letter from University confirming details?

OR If I submit the letter from University confirming that degree was taught in English would be good enough?

Please advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR (M) English language requirement

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:06 am

You will need the ELA from NARIC or a A1 test. If applying after October, A2 test is required (if she does a test).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

NemesisDude
Newly Registered

Post by NemesisDude » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:35 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply!

Little confused here: I read from multiple threads that NARIC is bit of a "Pain" to say the least.

Typical NARIC ELA response would be:

The level of English language for the above degree does not meet the requirement of CEFR level C1, Although it is confirmed that English is the Medium of instruction in the teaching and examination system of the department providing this award, it is unfortunately has not been possible to confirm that the necessary English Language requirements for CEFR C1 are met upon completion. "

Is that the case? If so, would that be okay for FLR (M) extension. I'm planning to attach letter from university confirming the medium of study.

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:55 pm

sorry wrong topic

NemesisDude
Newly Registered

Post by NemesisDude » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:37 am

Ops, sorry what you mean wrong topic?