ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How early can I apply for Spouse Visa Renewal?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zaq12wsx
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

How early can I apply for Spouse Visa Renewal?

Post by zaq12wsx » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:25 am

Hi all,

My current Spouse Visa will expire on 5th of December 2016.
This was my first spouse visa application and it was granted for 2.5 yrs when I applied for it in 2014 (starting date 5th of June 2014). Before I got married I was living in the UK on company sponsored work visa, i applied for the spouse visa from within UK.

Obviously, we are planning on reapplying for the visa renewal this year...But not sure when is the earliest I can sent it off ( don't plan on leaving it to the last minute)
I read it in some places that it is 28 days before my current spouse visa had been granted.

Am I right in thinking I can only send off my spouse visa application on 7th of November 2016?
If not would you please advise me on when is the earliest I am allowed to send off my application?

thank you!

vinny

Re: How early can I apply for Spouse Visa Renewal?

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:42 am

You may apply for extensions at any time before your leave expires. But take care not to apply too early as you may end up with insufficient leave to complete your qualifying period for ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

zaq12wsx
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by zaq12wsx » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:23 am

vinny wrote:You may apply for extensions at any time before your leave expires. But take care not to apply too early as you may end up with insufficient leave to complete your qualifying period for ILR.
Thank you, that's true I did not take in account of the ILR at the end.

May I ask does Home office not add my remaining leave onto the next visa issued?
For example. If I apply with 3 months left on my current visa my next spouse visa does not become 2 years and 9month? Sorry for the silly question

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:51 am

Normally, no.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:15 pm

If you have the funds, why don't you apply in person for a same day decision?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.