ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter requesting more information about Good Character

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ZiONLY
Newly Registered

Letter requesting more information about Good Character

Post by ZiONLY » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:00 am

Hi All,

I am new to this forum. I can see in this forum there are so many experts with great depth of knowledge about various issues and I hope someone could give me an advice about the below.

I received a letter from Home Office about my neutralization application. In the letter Home Office requesting further information to assist them making a decision between 2006 and 2008. They believe I was not in the UK with valid LR and my application could be refused. They highlighted Annex D: 9.7 (b) and attached a questionnaire to fill. The questionnaire has various questions about what i did at this period to legalese, my address at the time, how i supported myself, did i study and any other information to help them make a decision.

I will explain the background and what happened at this periods below.

In the time periods above I was in the UK with an immigration application and was waiting for my decision from the Home Office. Later in 2006-2007 by application was refused and I was detained for deportation. My lawyer challenged this decision and took Home Office to court. The court ruled the decision in my favor and decided that the Home Office was wrongly detained me and there was no ground to believe I will break any immigration law. So I was released and ordered to report to the police station.

After a while I was so depressed about the whole process and because I felt safe to return back home I asked Home Office that I would like to return voluntarily. They accepted my request and I returned back to my home country. While I was released from detention, I also got married to my fiancee and asked her to come with me. She did but she wanted to see if she can adopt to a new county and way of life. It was difficult times for our lives and family. At the end we decided to return back to the UK late 2008.

In the time periods I was a student at the college and have diplomas to support this. I was living in a flat provided by my uncle. Again, I have utility bills and bank statements to this address. My family financially supported me while I was waiting for my decision. This is shown on one of my bank statement between May and June 2008 a translation to my account from my mother. She has also just got records shows various other transaction between the times they asked about. I spoken to my bank here in the UK but they say they can only go back 7 years so I cannot obtain my bank history for these dates.

To be honest with you all, I though this wouldn't have been an issue as I was never an absconder or broke any immigration laws. If I was I wouldn't have been free, got married and returned to my home country on my own will. So this has came as a shock. If I had doubts about this effecting my good character record, I would of waited little longer.

So I have put together a covering letter breaking down all of the events and evidences. As they are concerned more about Annex D 9.7 (b) failed to comply with any conditions imposed under the Immigration Acts, could anyone put me in the right direction about what this means for me with the information I have provided above.

I have came across in Annex B, 9 Technical absences -> 9.7.4.2 which says ;

Persons detained, on temporary admission or unlawfully at large
under the immigration laws

If, at the end of the period of detention, the
applicant was either removed, or departed
voluntarily, from the UK, discretion should not
normally be exercised to count this period of
"technical absence" as residence.
Can I use the above line in my scenario or am I miss interpreting it ?
Could anyone give me any other grounds in which I can ask for their discretion ?
Have I still got any hope for an approval or should I prepare for the worst ?

Kind regards,
A

ZiONLY
Newly Registered

Re: Letter requesting more information about Good Character

Post by ZiONLY » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:36 am

Hi All,

I am going to send my letter and the questionnaire tomorrow. Any advice would be vastly appreciated. I have removed the previous Annex B reference and will base my letter with the below Article 18 Annex B reference.
8.2 People without the right of abode or leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom who are not regarded as being in breach of the immigration laws for BNA 1981 purposes

8.2.1 The following persons are not regarded as being in breach of the immigration laws for the purposes of the BNA 1981 just because they do not have the right of abode or leave to enter or remain:

(b.) have been detained or given "temporary admission" pending a formal decision on their eligibility to enter

Viktoria27

Post by Viktoria27 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:18 am

My husband also received the questionaire. You can refer to my previous posts to see "our story".

ZiONLY
Newly Registered

Post by ZiONLY » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:26 am

Viktoria27 wrote:My husband also received the questionaire. You can refer to my previous posts to see "our story".
Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I think your post will be very helpful. Would you be able to send me the link to your post please?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:39 am

ZiONLY wrote:
Viktoria27 wrote:My husband also received the questionaire. You can refer to my previous posts to see "our story".
Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I think your post will be very helpful. Would you be able to send me the link to your post please?
Victoria27's thread: http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1374337
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ZiONLY
Newly Registered

Post by ZiONLY » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:03 am

Many thanks Casa, It appears there is some hope.

I have written a covering letter and will submit all the evidence I have like Victoria27. Their argument is that they believe I was here with no ILR and therefore was in breach of immigration laws. But I was following all the rules and regulations and was waiting for my appeal. While I was waiting for the decision I left the country volunteer.

I wrote a letter similar to one Amber wrote here http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 09666.html

ZiONLY
Newly Registered

Post by ZiONLY » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:53 am

I have now received a letter confirming approval of my application. The HO replied few days after receiving my covering letter and supporting documents. Many thanks to those who took their time to try and help me. I have now booked my ceremony.

Z

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:39 am

Good news! Thanks for letting us know...and enjoy your ceremony. :)
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

clairepf

Post by clairepf » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:21 pm

ZiONLY wrote:I have now received a letter confirming approval of my application. The HO replied few days after receiving my covering letter and supporting documents. Many thanks to those who took their time to try and help me. I have now booked my ceremony.

Z
Congrats. I sent mine 2 weeks ago. Still waiting. Got my sister and husband to provide evidence that I was living with them and they were supporting me

ZiONLY
Newly Registered

Post by ZiONLY » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:03 pm

Casa wrote:Good news! Thanks for letting us know...and enjoy your ceremony. :)
Thank you for your help. This forum has been a great source of information.

ZiONLY
Newly Registered

Post by ZiONLY » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:04 pm

clairepf wrote:
ZiONLY wrote:I have now received a letter confirming approval of my application. The HO replied few days after receiving my covering letter and supporting documents. Many thanks to those who took their time to try and help me. I have now booked my ceremony.

Z
Congrats. I sent mine 2 weeks ago. Still waiting. Got my sister and husband to provide evidence that I was living with them and they were supporting me
Thank you. I hope you will have a positive result. It is very stressful process but as long as you satisfy them with the appropriate evidence you have nothing to worry about. I also went through the Annex B and highlighted couple of points to them in regards to my situation. I hope you will have your approval result soon.