ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSC - Set O - Result Pending

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

virat
Newly Registered

PSC - Set O - Result Pending

Post by virat » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:50 am

Hi

I had my single day appointment on 30 June for the Set O ILR application. After 5 hours of wait the CW gave me a letter saying your application is valid but we need to make further enquiries so the application is passed to the enquiry team.. It's been 20 days today but haven't heard anything back from them. They also kept all my original documents including passport..
For this 5 year tenure I have been a full time permanent employee - no self employment. The CW asked my previous P45 the time she gave me this letter and I didn't have it.. I gave her the 5 year HMRC letter that had taxes mentioned by each financial year.. I don't understand what's taking them so long to decide.. Is it usual for them to take such long times.. Is there anything that I can do to get a status update on my application?
Please guide/advise..

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: PSC - Set O - Result Pending

Post by hassanh » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:05 am

This is usual for them. When they put application on hold for further enquiries, then they took many weeks to process the application.

You should not worry, if all your documents are in order. Your application will be approved eventually. Keep phoning them.

Thanks,
Hassan

virat
Newly Registered

Post by virat » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:13 am

Hi hassanh

I tried phoning them on the general enquiry number and they said that they can't let me know any update on the application.. Wouldn't even take my reference number.. They said if the decision is not made the same day they treat the application as postal and the postal timelines apply to that application i.e. 6 months..
What's the point of applying same day application in that case if the application would be treated as postal.

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:19 am

I understand your emotions but unfortunately there is nothing much you can do about this.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:07 pm

virat wrote:Hi hassanh

I tried phoning them on the general enquiry number and they said that they can't let me know any update on the application.. Wouldn't even take my reference number.. They said if the decision is not made the same day they treat the application as postal and the postal timelines apply to that application i.e. 6 months..
What's the point of applying same day application in that case if the application would be treated as postal.
There can only have been something not-straightforward about your application.

I don't see the point of PEO apps, even if one feels they are 100% squeaky clean there may well be HMRC etc issues in the background, not worth the extra IMHO....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....