ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

December EC applicants post here!!!!!!!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

winmano

Post by winmano » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:33 am

HI Achtung,
I applied on Dec 20...

Today is 13th working day...

winmano

vidya

Post by vidya » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:18 am

Any updates from those who have crossed 15 working days ?

No news from lion and others ?

No update on my side - today is the 11th working day - tommorrow is a holiday for them ; but perhaps many on 4 day weekend holiday today also. :shock:

ec_applicant
Newly Registered

Got EC today

Post by ec_applicant » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:45 am

Hi All,
I was waiting for my EC .
like any other day i called the Embassy today and learnt that they havent decided on my EC application. I had applied on 12th December and had to urgently fly this weekend. She told me to write a reminder email to chennai enquiry id. In reply to this mail they told me that they have granted me the EC and they will send me the passport today. Hope i will get it by tommorow :D

EC Applicant

ec_applicant
Newly Registered

Post by ec_applicant » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:48 am

Thanks to all you guy who helped from Initial HSMP stage to EC stage
My timmings are

Appplied from Bangalore on 12th December
My employer got the Integra call on 13th December and he replied on the same day.
The decison was nto taken for a long time since they had a lot of backlogs .
Today on 14th Jan they granted me the EC :D

Best of luck for those still waiting .

palaka_rambabu

Post by palaka_rambabu » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:04 pm

ec_applicant wrote:Thanks to all you guy who helped from Initial HSMP stage to EC stage
My timmings are

Appplied from Bangalore on 12th December
My employer got the Integra call on 13th December and he replied on the same day.
The decison was nto taken for a long time since they had a lot of backlogs .
Today on 14th Jan they granted me the EC :D

Best of luck for those still waiting .
Contrats..
Can you give the MAIL ID
I have applied on 14th Dec at Hyd and still waiting.

vidya

Post by vidya » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:43 pm

Congrats ECapplicant !

I emailed enquiry to chennai BHC at Chennai.VisaEnquiry@fco.gov.uk -i heard from you all that the response time is very fast , but all i got was an automated response Out of office reply with some visa FAQ's

Can someone let me know why this could have happened , is it bcos of pongal holiday/s :roll: :x :oops: :cry:

ec_applicant
Newly Registered

Post by ec_applicant » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:40 pm

yes i guess it is because of pongal holiday on 15th. but they will respond on 16th.

ec_applicant
Newly Registered

Post by ec_applicant » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:41 pm

palaka_rambabu please post your query here ... i guess that will help all

winmano

Post by winmano » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:57 pm

Hi Vidya,

This auto reply happened to me also.

This is because If you send mail after their working hours.. You can get this message..

But the next morning.. before 11:00 I got the reply....

What happened to lion... he has not logged any message today???

winmano

Jason7777

Post by Jason7777 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:00 pm

27Dec07 Hyd VFS..... Still waiting. No idea about Integra.

A quick question to you guys. Can I take up a job in Belgium and get paid in Euro maintaining a UK address. Will I be treated as out of country or Will it cause any problems while extending my HSMP.

Jason.

lion686

Post by lion686 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:26 am

Guys,

Still in the waiting queue, I had not got any updates from BHC..Damn this is really testing me..

The worst part is my company has initiated my WP last month parelly & i got my WP approval letter from home office yesterday..now the comp is asking me to file WP visa instead of me getting my HSMP Visa...I dont know what to do...Also if i need to apply for WP visa i need my pasport..i dont know what to do now & am caught like a "RAT in a Maze"

To add to my agony,today the BHC is not wrkg...I will be toasted in my comp today to come to a decision whether to wait for EC or withdraw my application to file WP... :oops:

Others who got their visa, congrats and have good luck..
Lion

hsmppune

Post by hsmppune » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:38 am

Hi Lion,

Sad to hear about your case. What a quirk of fate, folks find it tough for employers to sponsor their work permit, and when your employer is doing that you are in a jam.

anyways good luck pal.

Regards

vidya

Post by vidya » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:39 am

Hi Lion

Dont worry , it will all work out fine. Today BHC will surely not work ( they need to boil pongal , pray to the sun god and eat sugarcane today :) but hopefully you will get the result this week - try to buy some time at office - even if you withdraw your visa application and file fresh for wp , that will also take a week at least , even if your company is on business express program so try using that arguement at office

Day 11 got over for me yesterday , i dont think most of them would have been working yesterday also as i got out of office reply to my mail enquiry - starting to get anxious - my husband's office is pressurising to submit his passport for schengen visa , they want to send him to germany for 3 months - so life is so uncertain right now , BHC chennai - please answer all our prayers soon. :)

lion686

Post by lion686 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:50 am

Vidya

thanks for the consolation, i have reached a breaking point now & cant stretch more..to be fair my comp has been so flexible with me to hear my woes till now..they have backed a lot to get to this state.
now more than my EC decision am worried abt the date of it..cos more the delay, more my companies anger & more loosing my credibility to my manager..

Can anyone tel me if we can spk to the case worker who deals with our EC application in BHC?? if so i will tel him to give me a date for decision & if he cant i wil tell him that i will withdraw the same..

:evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:
Lion

vidya

Post by vidya » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:20 am

Nothing at all can be done today - even the flies and mosquitoes at BHC are on holiday

Yes , DO take action tommorrow - get a mail from office saying you NEED to travel ASAP to UK asking for your passport - fax that to BHC , and then email it to them and then bombard them calls - you have a right to cos i think the 25 working days that they applied retrospectively for processing december cases also is over for you now , isnt it ?

ALL the best , please post good news soon

No updates from vishal and venkatesh and others .....only one good news so far in past 3-4 days.

Jason7777

Post by Jason7777 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:50 am

Who is the latest one on this forum to get the EC from BHC Chennai-- without any mail/fax etc., Trying to assess the timeline.

Jason

lion686

Post by lion686 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:00 am

Jason7777,

I thnk its a gamble, you cant make out anything with others timelines..i waiting from dec 03 with integra over on 12th dec..i can see many who applied in 2nd/3rd week of dec got dec in chenai BHC have got visas..best way is to pray hard and wait patiently.. :idea: :?:
Lion

lion686

Post by lion686 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:35 am

Guys,

Seems i will create a record in chennai BHC as "longest waiting for EC"... :lol:

Today i had called the BHC & dint even allow the lady at the other end to spk a single word..i jus went on & on & blasted her asking "how long shd i wait"....then i asked "is the case worker in?"..she replied "hes very much in" & i need to send a email to them, which they will attach to that case worker whos is currently in his coma stage i beleive..I had sent an email & i wait once again with faith in BHC.. :wink: :P

Others in waiting queue, lets make ths thread live again..lots to dicsuss ths week.. :roll:
Lion

stevemark

Post by stevemark » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:04 am

lion686 wrote:Guys,

Seems i will create a record in chennai BHC as "longest waiting for EC"... :lol:

Today i had called the BHC & dint even allow the lady at the other end to spk a single word..i jus went on & on & blasted her asking "how long shd i wait"....then i asked "is the case worker in?"..she replied "hes very much in" & i need to send a email to them, which they will attach to that case worker whos is currently in his coma stage i beleive..I had sent an email & i wait once again with faith in BHC.. :wink: :P

Others in waiting queue, lets make ths thread live again..lots to dicsuss ths week.. :roll:
Hey Lion,

Have you requested for post dated ec?..coz I have called BHC today, the person at the other end told me that "Decision is not yet taken, since you have requested for post dated EC from Feb 20th, that means you are not going to fly soon, I request you to give us a call in first week of feb" :(

Today is my 20th working day..I dont know why my post dated EC request affects the timeline of EC processing.

Thanks,
- Steve

vidya

Post by vidya » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:07 am

Hi Lion

"case worker in coma stage " - hahaha , good one :)

It is really surprising as to what they are doing with the case for so long ??

Yes , it is a big decision from their point of view and they need to assess carefully - but it will be the same decision based on the paperwork submitted by you and integra report - whether they take the decision in 4 days or 40 days ??? :idea: :?:

Anyway , i got a reply today morning to the mail that i sent them on monday . The reply says that they have received my integra report and are yet to make a decision , quite anxious now :shock:

Any news from vishal , venkatesh and others ????

vishalsunr

Post by vishalsunr » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:08 am

STILL WAITING........ :?: :?:
Om Reem Shree PadamPrabhu Jinendrai Namah
-------------------------------------------------------
Applied On : 20th-dec
Applied From : Ahmedabad VFS
Integra Verification: 3rd & 4Th Dec
Case No.: 1161xxxx
Final Status : Waiting

vidya

Post by vidya » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:19 am

steve mark

I am really shocked to hear about BHC's new approach to post dated visa requests - they must be having so much backlog that they have wrongly prioritised post dated EC requests as less urgent
:shock: :shock:
People request for post dated visa as they need a month to wrap up things here after getting the visa before travelling - cant they understand that we cant put in our papers here till we get a stamped visa and after putting in our papers we need to serve at least a month :shock: :shock:

palaka_rambabu

Post by palaka_rambabu » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:22 am

Hi

I have received mail reply today.

-----------------
Dear Sir

Please be informed that your application has not been assessed as yet due to the unusual number of applications we have been receiving. Visa Officers are assessing HSMP applications received in the first week of December 2007. We are trying to deal as expeditiously as possible with the applications.

You may check with us around 28 January 2008.
Yours faithfully

Casework Section
British Deputy High Commission, Chennai.
------------

It seems, applicants who have applied at Vfs, Hyderabad, need to wait some more days..

stevemark

Post by stevemark » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:25 am

vidya wrote:steve mark

I am really shocked to hear about BHC's new approach to post dated visa requests - they must be having so much backlog that they have wrongly prioritised post dated EC requests as less urgent
:shock: :shock:
People request for post dated visa as they need a month to wrap up things here after getting the visa before travelling - cant they understand that we cant put in our papers here till we get a stamped visa and after putting in our papers we need to serve at least a month :shock: :shock:
Is anyone in the waiting queue have requested for post dated EC??..I have a question here..do our calls to bhc gets logged against our application?..I am thinking of dropping a mail to BHC to know the status if it is not tracked..last week they said your application will be processed this week..now they say 1st week of feb..

I cant drop my papers until I get my visa..all my planning goes for a toss now which includes one month notice period,advance air ticket booking, etc. :( :(

Thanks,
-Steve

vishalsunr

Post by vishalsunr » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:28 am

ME TOO... I ASKED FOR POST DATED FROM 17TH FEB.
Om Reem Shree PadamPrabhu Jinendrai Namah
-------------------------------------------------------
Applied On : 20th-dec
Applied From : Ahmedabad VFS
Integra Verification: 3rd & 4Th Dec
Case No.: 1161xxxx
Final Status : Waiting