ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 / FM-EFM Discussion thread

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

m_2006
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 / FM-EFM Discussion thread

Post by m_2006 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:32 pm

arya_uk wrote:Hello,

I have some queries in regard to return of docuemts, kindly do the needful advice,

I have applied for EEAFM RC on 13th April, 2016, EEA FP expired.

As we are supposed to travel to India on emergency, need to request for passport of myself and two year old daughter,

would like to know will our passport returned as EEA FP is expired?

And in return of documents online application form, is it myself the main applicant or my wife who is sponsor for me and daughter?

Any suggestions is appreciated.
Hi Arya, I think we're in a very similar situation. Need to travel to India in September, we applied on 18th April. Im an EU national, my wife is Indian. As I understand, passport will be returned as its been over 2 months since application. Have you received you COA? You are the main applicant can request your passport back.

However, when are you planning to come back to UK? As your family permit has expired, do you know if you need a new FP to come back into the UK or given your application is under process - the UK border will let you know?

Request your passport asap as it may take longer than 10 days. When do you need to fly? If its something urgent, make sure you put that in the additional notes so that they can prioritise.

arya_uk

Post by arya_uk » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:49 pm

m_2006 wrote:

I have some queries in regard to return of docuemts, kindly do the needful advice,

As we are supposed to travel to India on emergency, need to request for passport of myself and two year old daughter,

And in return of documents online application form, is it myself the main applicant or my wife who is sponsor for me and daughter?

Hi Arya, I think we're in a very similar situation. Need to travel to India in September, we applied on 18th April. Im an EU national, my wife is Indian. As I understand, passport will be returned as its been over 2 months since application. Have you received you COA? You are the main applicant can request your passport back.

However, when are you planning to come back to UK? As your family permit has expired, do you know if you need a new FP to come back into the UK or given your application is under process - the UK border will let you know?

Request your passport asap as it may take longer than 10 days. When do you need to fly? If its something urgent, make sure you put that in the additional notes so that they can prioritise.

Hi m_2006,

Thank you for the reply.

We have recieved our COA, as per Home office we need to apply for for EEA FP in India.

Did you recieve your passport, adn was it online application?

m_2006 wrote:

m_2006 wrote:

m_2006
Newly Registered

Post by m_2006 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:01 pm

arya_uk wrote:
Hi m_2006,
Thank you for the reply.
We have recieved our COA, as per Home office we need to apply for for EEA FP in India.
I haven't requested it yet but I will be in the next few days. Yes it's an online application on https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned.

To apply for another FP in India, you will need all your documents back right? Ie. marriage certificate etc. Are you calling them all back?

arya_uk

Post by arya_uk » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:28 pm

m_2006 wrote:
arya_uk wrote:
Hi m_2006,
Thank you for the reply.
I haven't requested it yet but I will be in the next few days. Yes it's an online application on https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned.

To apply for another FP in India, you will need all your documents back right? Ie. marriage certificate etc. Are you calling them all back?
I think what we need for FP is Marriage certificate, and Birth certificate, which I have with me.

m_2006
Newly Registered

Post by m_2006 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:40 pm

arya_uk wrote: I think what we need for FP is Marriage certificate, and Birth certificate, which I have with me.
I've just heard from an immigration lawyer that if you apply for a FP when your EEA FM is under process, its going to supersede and cancel your FM application. You'll have to start again when you're back...please double check before you do it. If you find anything else, let me know!

arya_uk

Post by arya_uk » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm

m_2006 wrote:
arya_uk wrote: I think what we need for FP is Marriage certificate, and Birth certificate, which I have with me.
I've just heard from an immigration lawyer that if you apply for a FP when your EEA FM is under process, its going to supersede and cancel your FM application. You'll have to start again when you're back...please double check before you do it. If you find anything else, let me know!

I have not read regarding the above statement, and to my knowledge even our senior moderators of this forum have not mentioned regarding the cancellaton of application.

Hence I dont believe any immigration lawyers, my first stop is always immigration board.

lxshen54
Newly Registered

Post by lxshen54 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:01 pm

hello,

I am new to this forum. just wonder if anyone has successfully got COA with right to work after receiving one without right to work. I am applying for unmarried partner and my finance is Irish with permanent right but applying for PR together with my application

yeeeeeeee
Newly Registered

Post by yeeeeeeee » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:13 pm

Received everything today. Home office told me last week they sent everything on the 11th, when I told my wife (who is the applicant by the way) she said "so that's who was ringing at the door on these days maybe"...grrrrr! I called DX delivery yesterday and they confirmed they tried to deliver last week but could not access the entrance so they couldn't leave a card either, booked a redelivery for today and forced the wife to at least drag herself out of bed if someone rings the door. Moral of the story, if you are waiting for an important delivery make sure whoever is at home to pick it up actually does some effort to receive it instead of oversleeping... Good luck everybody!

Application posted on :15.01.2016
COA With Work : 15.02.2016 dated
Resident Card: 19.07.2016
Documents : 19.07.2016

dantam
Newly Registered

Post by dantam » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:18 pm

lxshen54 wrote:hello,

I am new to this forum. just wonder if anyone has successfully got COA with right to work after receiving one without right to work. I am applying for unmarried partner and my finance is Irish with permanent right but applying for PR together with my application
Hi lxshen54,

I applied once as a married partner, got a COA without working rights (unfairly in my view) and even providing further evidences and requesting a new COA I did not get it.

I've seen in other forums that unmarried partners do not get COA with right to work.

Cheers

amanda505
Newly Registered

Post by amanda505 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:24 pm

yeeeeeeee wrote:Received everything today. Home office told me last week they sent everything on the 11th, when I told my wife (who is the applicant by the way) she said "so that's who was ringing at the door on these days maybe"...grrrrr! I called DX delivery yesterday and they confirmed they tried to deliver last week but could not access the entrance so they couldn't leave a card either, booked a redelivery for today and forced the wife to at least drag herself out of bed if someone rings the door. Moral of the story, if you are waiting for an important delivery make sure whoever is at home to pick it up actually does some effort to receive it instead of oversleeping... Good luck everybody!

Congrats, yeeee!
I applied 6 days after you so should receive some good news this week too, yay!
Just a question - did you receive everything (RC + your documents) at once from DX or just the RC and your documents will arrive later? Also, when did you call the HO to complain about the delay? Exactly on the 15th?
Thanks and congrats again, must feel good! :)

amanda505
Newly Registered

Post by amanda505 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:14 am

Hi all
I missed a delivery from DX yesterday so it seems that the wait is over :D
Also worth pointing out that I changed address during the application process and then filled that change of address form and it actually worked, they delivered in the new one! Was so sure they wouldn't, since people in this forum have had problems with it in the past...
Anyway, it's been rescheduled for tomorrow, will keep you updated (I applied on the 21st January).

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:18 am

Ali12035 wrote:Hi,

Is this possible that my natural mother can apply for EEA family permit while I am under 16 years old holding EEA family member residence card through my stepmother who is EEA national and married with my father since 6 years?

I came in uk since 18 months and studying in college.

Thanks

Sheeraz
Back in June you had a spouse and kids - so what gives :?:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... l#p1359211
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

yeeeeeeee
Newly Registered

Post by yeeeeeeee » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:20 pm

amanda505 wrote:
yeeeeeeee wrote:Received everything today. Home office told me last week they sent everything on the 11th, when I told my wife (who is the applicant by the way) she said "so that's who was ringing at the door on these days maybe"...grrrrr! I called DX delivery yesterday and they confirmed they tried to deliver last week but could not access the entrance so they couldn't leave a card either, booked a redelivery for today and forced the wife to at least drag herself out of bed if someone rings the door. Moral of the story, if you are waiting for an important delivery make sure whoever is at home to pick it up actually does some effort to receive it instead of oversleeping... Good luck everybody!

Congrats, yeeee!
I applied 6 days after you so should receive some good news this week too, yay!
Just a question - did you receive everything (RC + your documents) at once from DX or just the RC and your documents will arrive later? Also, when did you call the HO to complain about the delay? Exactly on the 15th?
Thanks and congrats again, must feel good! :)
They arrived separately but on the same day, the documents were sent with Royal Mail. I called them on the 13th I think? I didn't tell them exactly when I sent the application as I thought they would tell me it wasn't 6 months yet, I just said "we sent it at the beginning of January". Hope you get yours soon!

amanda505
Newly Registered

Post by amanda505 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:56 am

UPDATE

Wait is finally over, after almost exactly 6 months my RC has arrived, what a relief!!! Same as yeeeee, both the documents and RC arrived on the same day but one from DX and the other Royal Mail. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting :)

Application posted on : 21/01/2016
Received by UKVI/HO on : 22/01/2016
Payment taken on : 26/01/2016
Bio letter received on : 06/02/2016
Biometrics Enrolled on : 06/02/2016
COA With Work : 18/02/2016
Resident Card Received on 19/07/2016
Documents Returned on 20/07/2016

adrianspence
Newly Registered

Post by adrianspence » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:33 pm

Just thought i share my GOOD NEWS, i received a letter from DX yesterday 23/07/16 saying they attempted delivery on 20/07/16. This my second EEA application and was under 5 months.

Good luck to everyone waiting.

marexe
Newly Registered

Post by marexe » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:14 am

My application has suffered lots of delays because we changed address via https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk/. I had to email them several times as suggested in other posts and it did work. I just received the COA letter today.

Application posted on : 16/04/2016
Received by UKVI/HO on : 19/04/2016
Payment taken on : 22/04/2016
Phoned and Emailed eurobiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk to request a biometric letter on: 03/06/2016
Bio letter consent letter received but returned due to wrong address: 08/06/2016
Emailed again eurobiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk: 09/06/2016
Consent letter emailed to us on: 19/06/2016
Consent letter signed and sent back on: 20/06/2016
Bio letter received on : 06/07/2016 (dated 01/07/2016)
Biometrics Enrolled on : 08/07/2016
Emailed nweurocoarequests@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk on 21/07/2016 to request the CoA as it was already two weeks since I submitted my application. However, they say we should only contact them after 21 days from sending biometrics.
COA With Work : 25/07/2016 (dated 21/07/2016)
Resident Card Received on : ?
Documents Returned on : ?

DRN
Newly Registered

Post by DRN » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:46 pm

Hi All,

8th of August will be 6 months from application. What can I do to enquire the status of my application now and after the 6 months have passed?

On the phone there is the more than 6 months option, has anyone called and what can they tell you?

Should I also write and post a letter to them?

Any advice from anyone whose application has gone more than 6 monts or close to is welcome.

Thanks!

suntory
Newly Registered

Post by suntory » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:02 pm

Hi all

Eu citizen here, working for 6 months.
I have applied for a RC for my Japanese wife about one month ago, payment has been taken the next day, but we have received no communication yet.

I am thinking of sending an email to eurobiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk to check and maybe speed-up getting the biometric enrollment letter.

Is there any other suggestion?

Thank you

Patrickuche
Newly Registered

Post by Patrickuche » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:49 pm

I also have a problem I think...I submitted my EEA2 application residence permit on July 4th via postal order, I tracked it and it was received in Durham ...up till now I haven't heard from them...I haven't been sent any form of letter to go for biometrics or received any COA and it's been three weeks now ...should I be worried? Should I give them a call?

diego-560
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by diego-560 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:43 am

* Requested my passport back June 30, while my application is in process. Using the form here: https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml

* Chased them June 15 via the 'documents not received' form, here: https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... quiry.ofml

* I still don't have my passport as of June 28!

Really need my passport back for travel purposes. Today is the 20th working day (starting from the day AFTER requesting it back).

Anyone else experience such lengthy delays with just getting your passport back?

PeatD
Australia

Post by PeatD » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:51 am

diego-560 wrote:* Requested my passport back June 30, while my application is in process. Using the form here: https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml

* Chased them June 15 via the 'documents not received' form, here: https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... quiry.ofml

Really need my passport back for travel purposes. Today is the 20th working day (starting from the day AFTER requesting it back).

Anyone else experience such lengthy delays with just getting your passport back?
It was the same for me. I requested my passport back 05/04/16 - only received it back on 25/04/16 after submitting the online form.

n2oula
Newly Registered

Post by n2oula » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:04 am

diego-560 wrote:* Requested my passport back June 30, while my application is in process. Using the form here: https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml

I'm in a similar situation:

* Requested passport on June 28 after receiving COA
* Chased it via 'documents not received' on July 14th
* Still nothing...

diego-560
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by diego-560 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:52 am

Minor correction, I meant to say as of *July 28 I still don't have my passport back (not June)

PeatD, your experience is basically what I was preparing myself for, that I had 100% certainty I'd have to use the chaser-form after 10 working days, but unfortunately I fully expected to receive the passport during the additional 10 working days, which clearly hasn't happened.

n2oula, the good thing is that we now know that we're both (potentially) not being singled out for any particular reason, but indicates things are just moving a lot slower than normal. Probably a Brexit rush. I'm planning use the online chaser form again, tomorrow.

PeatD
Australia

Post by PeatD » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:15 pm

diego-560 wrote:Minor correction, I meant to say as of *July 28 I still don't have my passport back (not June)

PeatD, your experience is basically what I was preparing myself for, that I had 100% certainty I'd have to use the chaser-form after 10 working days, but unfortunately I fully expected to receive the passport during the additional 10 working days, which clearly hasn't happened.

n2oula, the good thing is that we now know that we're both (potentially) not being singled out for any particular reason, but indicates things are just moving a lot slower than normal. Probably a Brexit rush. I'm planning use the online chaser form again, tomorrow.
Yep, the entire process has been so, so bad - not only beacuse its been slow, but there has been virtually no communication and information throughout the entire process. Theres no-one from HO to help, let alone advise on progress, everything must be sent via snail mail and you can only chase things once they're overdue. Its like a process from the dark ages! This is my timeline, and I'm still waiting :(

Application sent: 20/02/16
Payment deducted: 26/02/16
Biometric letter received: 03/04/16
Biometric enrolment completed: 05/04/16
Requested passport & ID back: 05/04/16
Received passport & ID back: 25/04/16
Requested COA: 01/06/16
My COA arrived on 03/06/16, but was dated 18/03/16 (with no right to work - apaprently because we're not married)

dantam
Newly Registered

Post by dantam » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:21 pm

Patrickuche wrote:I also have a problem I think...I submitted my EEA2 application residence permit on July 4th via postal order, I tracked it and it was received in Durham ...up till now I haven't heard from them...I haven't been sent any form of letter to go for biometrics or received any COA and it's been three weeks now ...should I be worried? Should I give them a call?
Hi Patrickuche,

I've been through this process once, this is my second EEA2 application and it's been already 5 weeks since I've submitted the application.

From my experience and from seeing others in this forum for the last 8 months, it's hard to say how long does it take each part of the process. Everyone will say something different in the forum, solicitors and home office will also give different timeframes. I've called the Home Office yesterday and what I've got from them is that it takes 4 to 6 weeks to receive the biometrics letter and then it will take up to 10 working days to receive the CoA, counting from the day you enroll your biometrics.

I hope this information helps you somehow. If you have any different information, please share with us in the forum.

Good luck!