ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Statistics for Current IT Job market in UK. . Useful link

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

andy2007

Statistics for Current IT Job market in UK. . Useful link

Post by andy2007 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:07 pm

UKbound

Post by UKbound » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:52 pm

Thanks for the site.. Interesting.

EdgeHillMole

Post by EdgeHillMole » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:33 pm

Especially interesting when you use the "Location" pulldown to select averages by UK region.

I will be forwarding this link to the HSMP JR forum, as this clearly shows that IT professionals within certain regions are not making that elusive £35K needed for most HSMP applicant extensions.
PROUD to be part of the 2008 European Capital of Culture

andy2007

Post by andy2007 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:58 am

hi EdgeHillMole,

I read the FLR guidance notes but did not find any rule that says "£35K are needed for FRL extension"?

The guidance notes mentions points based system for FLR similar to initial HSMP approval. As per the notes if one is earning less than 35k per month but is getting 75 points by way of degree/earnings/age creiteria then one can get FLR.

I must be missng something here. Please guide me to find the rules that say 35k are needed for HSMP FLR.

Many thanks,
Andy

arsenalsri

Post by arsenalsri » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:24 pm

35K is not mandatory for HSMP FLR. EdgeHillMole's point was for most HSMP applicants, they might need to be earning atleast 35K if they have to reach 75 points.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:24 pm

andy2007 wrote:hi EdgeHillMole,

Please guide me to find the rules that say 35k are needed for HSMP FLR.
EdgeHillMole has used word for most "most HSMP applicants". So he has assumed certain points for age(0 in this case).

So, it is not necessarily 35K for all applicants. Read guidance notes to know, how much each applicant need to earn, to qualify for FLR.

andy2007

Post by andy2007 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:03 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. Appologies for being abrupt about my query. Just got a little paranoid about it. :)

Regards,
Andy

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:00 pm

There is no such requirements. The main points is to pass the point threshpold of 75 points.

I have read in this forum, young people, higher degree working in non-highly skill jobs get approved, espceially if they are working long hours.

You will realise that this is the loophole that currently exist in the current HSMP system. You need to take advantage oF it, if you could before they change it.

andy2007 wrote:hi EdgeHillMole,

I read the FLR guidance notes but did not find any rule that says "£35K are needed for FRL extension"?

The guidance notes mentions points based system for FLR similar to initial HSMP approval. As per the notes if one is earning less than 35k per month but is getting 75 points by way of degree/earnings/age creiteria then one can get FLR.

I must be missng something here. Please guide me to find the rules that say 35k are needed for HSMP FLR.

Many thanks,
Andy
Pantaiema

EdgeHillMole

Post by EdgeHillMole » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:51 pm

Yes, I agree: Those who are younger in years (20s & early 30s) will probably not need £35K to achieve an extension, as they will qualify for age points.
PROUD to be part of the 2008 European Capital of Culture

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:48 am

pantaiema wrote: I have read in this forum, young people, higher degree working in non-highly skill jobs get approved, espceially if they are working long hours.

You will realise that this is the loophole that currently exist in the current HSMP system. You need to take advantage oF it, if you could before they change it.
How this is a loophole ?
Age and money earned are directly proportional .

With increased age, your earning is supposed to be increased and at the same time , you loose age points.