ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RoR and Permanent Residence Card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Abate86

RoR and Permanent Residence Card

Post by Abate86 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:08 pm

Hi everyone,

Just to summarise my situation. I got married to EEA national in 2008 and I moved to the UK the same year. EEA national joined me in the UK 22/3/10. We lived together as married couple in the UK from 22/03/10 to 25/02/13 prior to divorced. I successfully applied for RoR late 2013. My question is, can I apply for PR now or have to wait till 21/03/2015? YOUR answer will be appreciated.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Re: RoR and Permanent Residence Card

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:14 pm

Abate86 wrote:I got married to EEA national in 2008 and I moved to the UK the same year.
Normally PR happens 5 years from the date you moved to the UK (if you were already married at the time). You can apply for the PR card which confirms that you already have PR.

Why do you think you might be able to apply earlier?

Abate86

Post by Abate86 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:43 pm

[/quote] Why do you think you might be able to apply earlier?[/quote]

You see, this is where I am a bit confused. I came here on a visit visa which expired before my EEA spouse joined me on 22/03/2010. Does what you said means that time spent in the UK before the EEA national joined me count towards the five years? The reason I wanted to applied earlier is because I wanted to sort out the PR before going for my summer holiday.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:05 am

Abate86 wrote:
Why do you think you might be able to apply earlier?[/quote]
You see, this is where I am a bit confused. I came here on a visit visa which expired before my EEA spouse joined me on 22/03/2010. Does what you said means that time spent in the UK before the EEA national joined me count towards the five years? The reason I wanted to applied earlier is because I wanted to sort out the PR before going for my summer holiday.[/quote]
You need to have been travelling with or joining the already UK resident EEA citizen for the clock to start ticking.

Note that the PR itself happens automatically. Most likely it is easiest for you to travel in peace first, and then apply for the card that confirms PR.

Note that you can, if you wish, apply for citizenship a year after PR has happened.

chalie10
Newly Registered

Post by chalie10 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:11 pm

Counselling and Advice