ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Accomodation evidence

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hamzah
Newly Registered

FLR(M) Accomodation evidence

Post by Hamzah » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:18 pm

Hi just a quick question:

In support of my wifes flr(m) application for proof of accomodation we are intending to provide our tenancy agreement aswell as the coucil tax bills and all other correspondences which we have to provide in any case. Will that be enough as Ive read in that a letter from the landlord is also required? Also the tenancy agreement doesnt really say how many rooms there are etc so does that need to be in a letter or in any other form?

Thank you

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) Accomodation evidence

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:34 pm

Are both names on the tenancy agreement and are you and your wife the only occupants?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Hamzah
Newly Registered

Post by Hamzah » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:55 pm

Casa wrote:Are both names on the tenancy agreement and are you and your wife the only occupants?
Yup both of us are on the agreement and are sole occupants. Its a 2 bedroom apartment so
One of the bedroom is even spare but no documentation says anything about rooms or space as such.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:37 pm

The joint tenancy agreement will be fine and you don't need a property inspection report if you are the only occupants of a 2 bedroom property. If your landlord is happy to provide a letter confirming this then by all means include it, but it's not essential.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Hamzah
Newly Registered

Post by Hamzah » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:52 pm

Thank you Casa!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:53 pm

Hamzah wrote:Thank you Casa!
You're welcome. Come back if you get stuck with anything else.
(Casa, not CR001)

Hamzah
Newly Registered

Post by Hamzah » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:58 am

Casa wrote:
Hamzah wrote:Thank you Casa!
You're welcome. Come back if you get stuck with anything else.
Hello again....I now have a question regarding correspondances...It says you need to provide letters spread over 2 years...thing is me and my wife have lived at our current address for nearly 1 year and prior to that were living with my parents.

For current address I have atleast 3 joint letters/statements so I understand will need to provide 3 separate items each for this address but then what about previous address...will I have to provide 6 items each as we had no joint accounts at my parents address....I mean how do I spread the letters since 2 different addresses? Do I treat each year as separate and try to satisfy the correspondence reqt for both addresses so for current address submit 3 joint and 3 individual letters each AND for parents address submit 6 each individual letters as well?

I have enou

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:03 pm

Yes, to 6 individual pieces of correspondence while living with your parents if you don't have anything in joint names. These don't have to be from official sources, anything with name and address will be accepted. Also include a letter explaining that you were living with family during this time.
(Casa, not CR001)

Hamzah
Newly Registered

Post by Hamzah » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:36 pm

Thanks again Casa!

Hopefully one last question which I had brushed aside earlier but is now causing confusion:

6.21 Have you lived with your sponsor since marriage/ civil partnership?

I got married to my wife in Pakistan June 2013 but it wasn't till February 2014 that she joined me here after getting her spouse entry clearance. Needless to say we have lived together since but there was that gap of 7 months before she came to the UK after our marriage.

So not sure if I answer Yes or No then provide an explanation as above?

Cheers

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:42 pm

Assuming you lived together in Pakistan albeit briefly after the wedding before you returned to the UK, I would give the date of the wedding.
(Casa, not CR001)